Well I said I would.............

289, FIA & Daytona topics
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Well I said I would.............

Post by amulheirn » Tue May 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Hi - might be worth starting a new thread on this. But having just done this, I can tell you that you don't need to submit the V5 - that is only required at registration stage, not IVA stage.

At IVA they only need your application form, an 'amateur build declaration form', a build log of sorts that shows you built it yourself (e.g. photos and receipts), and the engine age so that they can do the correct emissions test on your car.

Send me a PM and I will give you my phone number. Might be able to scan and send over my completed IVA form if that helps.
Cheers,
Andy

KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW » Tue May 01, 2018 5:38 pm

Apologies for the dog leg in the thread - pm sent.
Kevin

Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth » Wed May 02, 2018 2:24 am

Dog leg? what dog leg? You should read some of ramblings I have put on here! Put in a U turn if you'd like.

Completing the form isn't hard, its just concerning just how little applies to our cars and leaving the rest blank. If you submit a paper copy and get it wrong, they will send the papers back to you again after a couple of weeks. I wonder how I know that one?

The IVA guidance suggests a letter from some form of acknowledged authority will be sufficient to establish engine age. I have this address for Ford: Technical Information centre, Ford Motor Company, PO Box 300, Walsall, WS5 4QH - has anyone written to them with success or has anyone used a different source? Normally I would just write and see but my IVA application has been accepted, time is short, oh, and the clutch doesn't work due to the wrong throw out bearing - my fault not anyone elses' - so the engine and all the ancillaries are spread over the garage and work has stopped until the parts arrive. I can hear the Python refrain, Always look on the bright side..............

KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW » Wed May 02, 2018 2:36 pm

ah, I am sorted on the engine age front - I have certification from Mike Huddart who I believe is recognised by VOSA/DVSA or whatever they call themselves now.