Period Correct Ace/Cobra Fuel filler caps

289, FIA & Daytona topics
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Period Correct Ace/Cobra Fuel filler caps

Post by nikbj68 »

Hi Gents.

Keith from the ACOC had a meeting with Peter Killey (MD) at Ceandess Ltd. Wolverhampton, England.
The manufacturers of the original Fuel Filler Cap fitted to The AC Ace, Aceca and 260/289 Cobra.

Below is his post from the ACOC Forum New Correct Fuel Filler Cap thread.
They have agreed to manufacture a small run to the correct specification if we can put together a block order for minimum dozen / twenty units.

I have arranged to take my Filler Cap off BEX333 and take it with me to the pre-arranged meeting next week on Thursday 14th July. Thereby we guarantee 100% authenticity prior to manufacture.

Budget price £45 / £50 each subject to Quantity ordered, ( P&P + vat Additional).
Will negotiate hard to reduce price on behalf of those interested in ordering.

Ceandess pronounced .. C & S... The internal seal anti-splash back unit that fits inside the filler cap is still available as a spare part, so those wishing to refurbish their old unit can do so... £/$ ...I will confirm Price of this spare part next week.

In the meantime can anyone reading this thread please have words with other Ace, Aceca and Cobra MK1 owners and let me know of interest shown.

Will keep you all informed of progress..
You can contact Keith directly @ : keith.lessiter 'at' faac dot co dot uk , but please mention that you are T289R`s.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
RUT220G

Re: Period Correct Ace/Cobra Fuel filler caps

Post by RUT220G »

Does anyone have a picture of what this fuel cap looks like? I thought the one I had was already a replica original.
Allan Tunstall
shep289

Post by shep289 »

I've put my order in. Picked up my ACE kit from Gerry yesterday, so I can get stuck in now. :D
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

I second the request for a picture. I thought the one Gerry supplies is a Ceandess copy and fits the bill as far as I'm concerned.

Shep I bet you are like a dog with double dangly bits! I remember the feeling well. Put a moneybox in the garage and deposit a pound everytime you go in just for a look. That'll pay for the fuel filler cap 10 times over!

Good luck with the build.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

RUT220G wrote:Does anyone have a picture of what this fuel cap looks like? I thought the one I had was already a replica original.
I`ll try to sort out some pics later, but as far as I can gather, the original flip-caps didn`t have a grooved, square button, they were 'keyhole' shaped & smooth. (and weren`t lockable).
Not certain whether they would be IVA friendly either, I`ll ask the question! :)
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

There's some pics on the US site.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/origina ... aps-2.html

Put me down for one.
Migge

Post by Migge »

I'll take one too.

Cheers
Migge
Special customized BRA289
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Here are some photos of the original Ace fuel cap which will be used for reference at Ceandess:

...and what I think is Lynn Park`s Early unrestored Cobra from the ClubCobra thread:

On the originals, the seals were riveted/peaned in, but the later versions are screwed together, so I suggested that the 'new original' is made that way too, not only to reduce re-tooling/extra manufacturing operation & the associated costs, but to ease maintenance as well.

StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Hi Nick,
If you need some help with co-ordination, I work in Wolverhampton and am more than willing to support.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

StewbieC wrote:Hi Nick,
If you need some help with co-ordination, I work in Wolverhampton and am more than willing to support.
I`m terribly uncoordinated! :oops:
I`m just the messenger on this one, Keith Lessiter is the man in charge and all contact would be best following one channel, ie directly via keith.lessiter 'at' faac dot co dot uk, but thanks very much for the offer of assistance. :D