Well I said I would.............

289, FIA & Daytona topics
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Well I said I would.............

Post by StewbieC »

No need Clive,

I've already lent him a set, which he was kind enough to lend to Huw Smallwood!

Don't worry James, I've mailed Huw to ask him to return them and to reimburse your postage costs!! (There's asking for help and there's taking the Pi$$ :twisted:)
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

I'm sure that Huw is, like the rest of us busy, stressed out and fighting a rearguard action from the garage. That's all of us except Clive who is fighting a rearguard action from a new garage and Roger who has married the right sort who encourages him into the garage to build her something lovely. Whenever is fine as long as your spinners are safe and don't worry about the postage. Thanks for the offer Clive, very kind. Off to do the fuel: right got the chisel, mallet and eye protection..............not one of my finer moments and yet more vocal exercises. Have a good weekend all
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Cotton Mouth wrote:...Off to do the fuel: right got the chisel, mallet and eye protection..............not one of my finer moments and yet more vocal exercises. Have a good weekend all
It had to come. Poor chap's finally lost it. One geriatric male surgical wardround too many. The descent into gibberish is sad, but inevitable.
Another one not made it home. Ah well...

...concentrated weekend to come on the Mustang. Currently sitting in the garage with the timing cover, water pump, inlet manifold, sump, steering arms etc. off, rad out, chasing an elusive leak (almost certainly those cr*p Felpro gaskets again). Victor Reinz for me from now on...
Wouldn't normally be a problem, but we're off to Spain in it in a fortnight.
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

So, slightly better than your avatar then? wibble
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Cotton Mouth wrote:So, slightly better than your avatar then? wibble
I hope you made the correct arm gesture for that wibble, whilst wearing the appropriate headgear. Ni.
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

I even had the pencils and a viciously sharp slice of mango. Bey
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

Dear All,

Cant believe its several years since I firstly, belonged and secondly, wrote anything. The blame for this lies fully with decrepit in laws, teenage children and a day job - wife's in there somewhere as well. As its miserable out, my garage is full of wood for renovating a shed (which now needs a lot of renovating after laying the panels down in the garden to prevent wind damage and failing to foresee that that would be the day the farmer's cows paid a visit). You can blame the resurgence of activity on Stu who dragged me the the NEC motor show.

I didn't like the idea that the front side lights and the wiring were hanging about in space and would get all sorts of rubbish thrown at them. Somewhere else on this site there is a post for creating pods for the rear of the lights by moulding glass fibre over used plastic pudding pots and this is what I did with three layers of chopped strand matt.

This was then drilled to accept a cable gland.

The hole for the side light was then drilled, perfect on one side and inexplicably wrong on the other, filled with stranded filler and re-drilled.

In order that the light could be removed a plate in 1/8" brass was cut, drilled and tapped M4 (sorry Roger) and bonded to the rear of the front wing.

The glass fibre pod was then bonded to the rear of the bulkhead and the wiring fed through the cable gland and then through another cable gland into the engine bay. The black cable gland was chosen as it won't show in the wheel side and is between the radiator and the front grill on the other and therefore can't be seen.

I included the mis-drilled hole to show mistakes are not fatal! Bloody irritating but not the end. Merry Christmas to all. If anyone has any recommendations for trimmers in the Yorkshire area i would be grateful. Bill, I do hope to be at Silverstone this year and a pleasure to see you at the NEC.

Cotton Mouth (in case your wondering, One Piece at a Time by Mr J Cash)
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Nice to see you are back on the horse James!
I'll have to go to Silverstone if you plan to be there.
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Yay James! Great to see you back - I've been wondering what had happened to you. How's it all going? Is that really all you've done in the time it's taken my daughter to qualify and start her FY1 jobs??????

Sir L
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

Dear Sir L

I think that was complete secondary school and university, sorry bit pants. No its not all I have done, he said somewhat defensively, but I thought that I would add it about one chunk a week.

Sparrow