Insurance Valuation

289, FIA & Daytona topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Insurance Valuation

Post by peterc »

Has anyone used either Hawk or Thunder Road for an insurance valuation and do they charge for this service.
My gut feel is that Gerry would base the value on replacement cost and Thunder Road would base it on potential selling price
What do other members do?

I have just renewed my insurance at agreed value of £34K ( cost £241.50 with 3000 mile limit ) which I feel is a compromise between renew cost and selling value. I am about right?

I assume that other 289 Register owners feel that they have gone the extra mile and their car is not your average replica thus worth a it more than those seen in the usual ads.

Comments
Peter C
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Insurance Valuation

Post by clive »

Who did you insure with Peter? I am with Norton and they have never asked for a valuation, all I have had to do is provide six current photos. My cover is for £35k agreed value, unlimited mileage and track day cover, for half of what you pay, but then that could be down to postcode.
I'm sure Gerry and Chen would charge a nominal fee to cover costs.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Insurance Valuation

Post by peterc »

Clive
I'm with Norton / Heritage as well and they haven't asked for a valuation but only queried if I'm happy with the value I've requested.
It appears I might be able to go higher without an increase in premium so I what I want to do is ascertain what value others put on their cars.
Whilst I've made various little improvements over the years I don't have Ford 289 motor which I feel would comand a higher resale value.
Should one try to insure it for a rebuild cost which must be significantly higher ?