Acf 50

289, FIA & Daytona topics
lozash

Acf 50

Post by lozash »

Does anyone use this, incredible!!!, used on planes.
Spray a peice of mild steel, leave outside in the rain for months, no rust!!!
French BRA 289

Re: Acf 50

Post by French BRA 289 »

I CAN translate if you want :P :P
BRA number 112 registered,Rover 4,6l RPI,285bhp
lozash

Post by lozash »

Hi, if you want to, but it simply works, I should imagine you don't spray it in your eyes or leave the tin near an open fire!! :lol:
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I think Roger swears by this stuff. :)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I don't swear by it just yet - I haven't been using it long enough, but I'm using it on my Cobra. I'm actually using their Corrosion Block, not the ACF50. I like the fact that it's clear and doesn't make the mess the Dinitrol does. My car is bare aluminium inside the wings and engine bay etc., they were never painted in there, and this will look much better than the thicker waxes I normally use on steel cars. Basically I plan to spray it in the engine bay.
I had a long talk with them about which product to use and how to apply it. Lear emphasise that it is designed to be a very thin thickness coating. You should not be able to see it once applied; if it's at all thick it will not dry and everything will stick to it. The company strongly recommends a very fine mist coat, applied with a no.4 nozzle spraygun on a compressor (65 psi, 3-5 cfm), so this is what I will do when the car is back from the trimmers. Clarke do a 'el cheapo' spray gun that fits the bill so I have bought one of those to save mucking up my 'proper' one. I have Dinitrol in the arches and under the floors as ACF50 (and CB) has zero abrasion resistance.
It's used a lot by bikers for winter protection. In areas like suspension etc. it is suggested to reapply every 3-4 months.
It's fine for electrics, but don't get any on the brakes!!