update thread

289, FIA & Daytona topics
agnoraan

update thread

Post by agnoraan »

I was looking around on the 'net the other day & came across this really good thread, about a guy that had bought a 289FIA already built, but had decided to run a thread showing how he upgraded the car & put his own identity on it

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-spe ... 124-a.html

This got me to thinking (dangerous I know) but there must be a whole raft of 289R members that have already built or bought their cars & are upgrading them or modifying them in some way. Maybe the car's already been seen in the gallery, or in the newsletter, but how about maybe posting up some more info on what's been done to the cars since it was first completed?

Any takers to add a thread with updates similar to the above link, in a sort of "what have you done to your car today?" kind of thread ? I'm sure it would interest others & maybe useful for some tech tips :wink:

cheers...Nige
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Blore

Re: update thread

Post by Paul Blore »

Nice one Alan. :)

It's a lovely looking car and I'll bet it drives beautifully as well. I can't overstate the significance of getting a car "properly" setup. There is a world of difference between the chalk and string method, or even a 4-wheel laser alignment and a proper job. It will cost a few hundred quid, but worth every single penny in my view.

I'm very happy with the way my car goes now, so most of my "winter" jobs are aimed at getting it ever closer to original. Over the last winter I replaced the billet aluminium pedals with original style steel arms and cast AC pads. I also changed the steering wheel to an original style split spoke wheel and I also fitted twin fans in front of the radiator.

Paul
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

As a wee bit of an experiment brought on from the LED rear light thread, I have replaced my rear fog lamp with an LED rain light. Not so obvious as the rear fog light but very effective.

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
David Large

Post by David Large »

I like that. I can sense a modification coming on here. I have already changed the rear and brake lights to LEDs, I might as well do the set!

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Thanks for that Alan, it's a really nice write up and very informative of how your car has changed since you've owned it. :D

Nige
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Paul Blore wrote:
I'm very happy with the way my car goes now, so most of my "winter" jobs are aimed at getting it ever closer to original. Over the last winter I replaced the billet aluminium pedals with original style steel arms and cast AC pads. I also changed the steering wheel to an original style split spoke wheel and I also fitted twin fans in front of the radiator.

Paul
Just out of interest for any 427/MkIII owners, I do have a restored heater unit for an original car.
Roger
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Clive, can you do me a rear for light please :wink:
After our journey to Silverstone last year in the monsoon, I'd feel a lot safer.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Is your car wired for a rear fog light Bill?
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Alan

Your car is looking great, well done.
Was it fitted with the FIA wheels when you got it?
If not were did you get them?

Bill