Latest Update On DVLA Crackdown On Classic car Ages

289, FIA & Daytona topics
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Latest Update On DVLA Crackdown On Classic car Ages

Post by clive »

I have just received the following from Heritage Classic car Insurance....

http://www.heritagecarinsurance.co.uk/n ... -147680961
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Latest Update On DVLA Crackdown On Classic car Ages

Post by amulheirn »

Thanks for posting Clive...

Cheers,

Andrew
iansutch

Post by iansutch »

I have just re registered John Abels first 289 LeMans build (having been registered in Holland by previous owner) and was given the age related J plate that was given to John when he first registered it. I was worried there may be a hiccup but seemed to go through very smoothly.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Well done and congratulations.

Paul
chriskcode

Post by chriskcode »

Does anyone know of any feedback following the meeting with the DVLA at the "Historic Vehicle Event in Swansea, 23rd September" ?

Chris
Old Boy Racer

Post by Old Boy Racer »

Nothing direct although this month's Automobile magazine (they were among the first to raise this subject) suggests rather cryptically that there is no cause for concern unless you have an "Argentinian built Bugatti, fibreglass C-Type or a home built bitza masquerading as the real thing". They also reiterate the DVLA stance that this is not a general witch hunt and also make the point that the DVLA do not have the resources to investigate the entire historic motoring scene.

Robin
chriskcode

Post by chriskcode »

Old Boy Racer wrote:Nothing direct although this month's Automobile magazine (they were among the first to raise this subject) suggests rather cryptically that there is no cause for concern unless you have an "Argentinian built Bugatti, fibreglass C-Type or a home built bitza masquerading as the real thing". They also reiterate the DVLA stance that this is not a general witch hunt and also make the point that the DVLA do not have the resources to investigate the entire historic motoring scene.

Robin
Robin, thanks.
Sigh of relief then and I can can now get on with planning my next mustang project.
Chris
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

Early B.R.A. Warmed 3.9 Rover, 5 sp, 3.07 rear, Fully adjustable front suspension with AVO coilovers, 4 link rear suspension AVO coilovers and Panhard bar, Big 2 pot front calipers, rear discs, servo'd, adjustable front / rear bias, scruffy paint job !