Parts

289, FIA & Daytona topics
morgy

Parts

Post by morgy »

Hi..

I am looking for allot of parts for my 289, Sorry if my terminology is not correct some of the time.. :wink:

I would like to find as many Original/NOS or period parts as I can find to bring the Old girl back to her former glory when she left the factory in the 60's. I know this may be an impossible task for some of the items I will need along our journey..

My car was turned into a 427 in her early years and My plan is to return her to Full Original Spec once again.

I assume most of the parts used by AC were actually used by other manufactories at the same time,

If anyone has these parts or knows any part numbers I would be very grateful

15/6.5 wires...
289 rad
289 brass rad expansion tank
Cast 289 HiPo heads (pref date stamped 66-67)
Cast inlet manifold Pref date stamped 66-67)
Cast Exhaust manifolds... (same as standard mustang 289)
Correct throttle linkage 66-67 ford 289 holly carb
Horn Lucas 69087A or B (if these are correct part numbers)
289 fuel tank plus fuel sender
289 street fuel filler cap plus connecting pipe to the tank
Lucas C40l or C40t dynamo (again if correct number or even the correct spec alt or dynamo)
info on the correct shocks used for late COB cars..
info on the correct washer bottle used on COB cars..

I will have up for sale..... as soon as I have found out the correct spec a 427 engine and quad set of weber 48 IDA's
Last edited by morgy on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colin Newbold

Re: Parts

Post by Colin Newbold »

Welcome on board Morgy, good to have another original car owner (mine's a Kirkham BTW). What's your chassis no?

I can help with info re:
Wires: ebay? Or you can buy new from MWS at a reasonable price.
Rad: do you want ally or brass?
289 HiPo heads: good luck with that one, most are cracked or porous. I got remanufactured (iron) heads which matched exactly and are FIA compliant from Dart in the UK (they were imported).
Throttle linkage, horn, fuel tank (sender and cap): contact Gerry at Hawk Cars.

Others will be along soon I'm sure with answers to the rest :lol:

BR,
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

I'd recommend joining the club, which would give you access to the Wiki as per this post!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2601

Club joining instructions are here: http://www.the289register.com/the289reg ... ipnew.html
morgy

Post by morgy »

Thanks Andrew

I will as soon as I can get a bit more time to sign up...

Having a search around yesterday for a fuel filler Cap and fittings. I came across a few for the Lotus Elan and Europa, Reliant Scimita GTS all looking very close to the 289 cap (Ceandess? with square push button)...

Im not sure if this has been posted before...
http://www.northwestautomotivehydrauli ... 960-85.pdf

Page 4 relates to AC 289 sports

Girling Brake master cylinder 64047733 Internal bore 5/8's
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Welcome to the forum Morgy and as Andrew has already suggested, join the Register, there's a wealth of information available amongst the members and we organise some great events throughout the year, at home and abroad.
morgy wrote:I will have up for sale..... as soon as I have found out the correct spec a 427 engine and quad set of weber 48 IDA's
Ooh :) , we were only talking about these a few days ago on another thread. If you consider splitting the carbs and manifold from the engine, I could be interested in them for my 427.

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

morgy wrote:Thanks Andrew

I will as soon as I can get a bit more time to sign up...

Having a search around yesterday for a fuel filler Cap and fittings. I came across a few for the Lotus Elan and Europa, Reliant Scimita GTS all looking very close to the 289 cap (Ceandess? with square push button)...

Im not sure if this has been posted before...
http://www.northwestautomotivehydrauli ... 960-85.pdf

Page 4 relates to AC 289 sports

Girling Brake master cylinder 64047733 Internal bore 5/8's

The original filler cap was the same shape but had a round pushbutton release. Readily available from Hawk Cars.
morgy

Post by morgy »

Paul Blore wrote:Welcome to the forum Morgy and as Andrew has already suggested, join the Register, there's a wealth of information available amongst the members and we organise some great events throughout the year, at home and abroad.
morgy wrote:I will have up for sale..... as soon as I have found out the correct spec a 427 engine and quad set of weber 48 IDA's
Ooh :) , we were only talking about these a few days ago on another thread. If you consider splitting the carbs and manifold from the engine, I could be interested in them for my 427.

Paul
As soon as they have been checked out I will put them up for sale.. Depending on the condition and price offered I may split but would rather sell as a complete package where possible.
morgy

Post by morgy »

Roger

Where possible I want Old parts either in good condition or restored/reconditioned not reproduction...
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Hi Morgy,

Without sounding disrespectful, if we knew where original parts were at a reasonable price we would have already bought and sold them making a tidy profit in the process.
Expansion tanks are pretty much all rotten, Cobra restorers in the US do a repro. Mine is sat at Heathrow in customs :evil:

All the luck in the world in tracking original or NOS parts.
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Roger King wrote: The original filler cap was the same shape but had a round pushbutton release. Readily available from Hawk Cars.
I got my one direct from Ceeandess, and as far as I can tell it is the same as what was originally on the car, made by the same company - photos on the wiki: http://wiki.the289register.com/doku.php ... iller_caps