Schuco 1/12 289 model

289, FIA & Daytona topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Schuco 1/12 289 model

Post by peterc »

Sorry I'm having a senior moment - I meant Dale !
Yes they do a Daytona as well.
Peter C
Dale Bowman

Post by Dale Bowman »

For now I bought the 289 that was in the link. I've been on their website, they have some impressive models ... I did see the other Cobras & might be tempted (if the price is right). They send the latest Schuco booklet with your model .... I did quite like the old busses on there, but they were only a small scale (1:43 I think).
There are 3 types of people in this world
Those who can count and those who cant

DB427SC #006, 427 SO, Toploader
1965 Daytona Coupe ~ Sold
Tapped

Post by Tapped »

I really want the guardsman road spec 1/12 scale 427sc that Kyosho made. Been looking for one for ages with no luck!
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

model detail reduced.jpg
Hi Guys
Just got back from hols and collected my 289 model from my friends house. The offer is now closed.
Yes, very detailed and perhaps they are even trying to be a little too clever.

I have two issues with mine which perhaps you can help with.
A line from scuttle bulkhead down to fuel manifold appears to have two kinks in it. Whats yours like? see photo.

Also the fuel filler latch fell off. Does yours rotate and latch the cap or have I been silly expecting it to move as inferred by the pictures. e.g. shows latch up whereas mine was down.

I also had to reconnect the top coolant hose and the nearside brace between scuttle and front suspension was not fully assembled with the footwell location.
Obviously its only a model and creating items in plastic so small is bound to have issues of strength.
Comments greatly rec'd as I don't really want to send it back.
Peter C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

That fuel line may give starvation issues at higher revs! :wink:
Despite your issues, it still looks a bargain & really nicely done.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

nikbj68 wrote:That fuel line may give starvation issues at higher revs! :wink:
Despite your issues, it still looks a bargain & really nicely done.
I think that's actually a heater hose, rather oddly, from manifold to heater matrix. Peter - does the heater fan blow hot air after a run? You want to avoid the possibility of an airlock in the cooling system.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

You joke Roger but after seeing the wiring each side of the engine bay I thought it might even have working lights!
As I said a bit too much detail really which causes little issues especially when assembled by non car owning workers.

I did think it odd that the hose exits the scuttle but it's curious that said manifold then connects to each carb. Didn't think they had water heated IDF's?
Also don't say anything about the rear tyres being the same width as the fronts.
Never satisfied !!
Peter C
Tapped

Post by Tapped »

Mine has a friend now too

Roger King

Post by Roger King »

peterc wrote:I did think it odd that the hose exits the scuttle but it's curious that said manifold then connects to each carb.
I didn't think racing cars usually had heaters!
andyg
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by andyg »

Is it possible the hose from the scuttle is for the fue pressure gauge? Seems a bit heavy though.
There are two connections on the fuel log. One will be from the pump into the fuel log and you then have the four feeds to the carbs. The other goes through the scuttle guessing to the instruments.
The fuel log has two parts, the top feeds the carbs, the bottom connects to the inlet manifold and carries the coolant. They are connected by small uprights.

Bottom right you can see mine. The fuel inlet is on the far side of mine and the near side is blocked off as my fuel pressure gauge is in the supply line (I have quantity gauge in the car which the racers did not have).

Andy