Insurance

289, FIA & Daytona topics
allan horsfall

Insurance

Post by allan horsfall »

Hi guys,

I'm sure this is boring to most of you, but so that we can keep abreast of the market and whats out there. Just renewed insurance on my car with Adrian Flux, £137, fully comp, agreed value £30,000.

Allan
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Insurance

Post by clive »

Hi Allan, how many miles per annum?
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Allan
That's a very good price. I pay around double that with agreed value at £35,000 and 3000 miles pa.
Do they give you a certificate to confirm the value.
Peter C
David Large

Post by David Large »

That is amazing.

I recently did not renew with AF. I had been insured with them for 26 years in which time I claimed for one windscreen about 10 or so years ago.

I was on a classic policy with 3,000 miles, an agreed value of £20k and they wanted around £400.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

I used to insure my '69 Camaro with Hagerty and it only cost £135.00 per year with an agreed value of £35K. Unfortunately, they wouldn't insure the Viper as it's a kit car. I've seen an awful lot of bad stories regarding Adrian Flux on the internet, but found that Footman James had good reviews and gave what I considered a good package deal. It covers my car with all of the modifications, an agreed value of £30K, salvage retention option should the unthinkable happen, continental cover, cover at shows and events, breakdown recovery, 3000 miles per annum allowance, though if I feel it may exceed that I just have to contact them and they'll adjust it accordingly for a small nominal fee,...the total cost is £188.00 with no claims protection.

Do any of the insurance conmpanies give discounts to club members? if not, have any insurance companies ever been approached regarding this?

Nige
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Just renewing with Footman James, £35k value, 3k miles, £240. Happy with that though they 'erased' my no claims bonus as they don't recognise it.

Significantly better than other quotes I've received in previous years.

Post by PeterT »

Don't know whether this will help but I have insured my MGC Sebring (complete with all the Chatham mods listed) with Peter James Insurance in the West Mids. Value of car circa £20,000, insurance £137.00 and unlimited mileage. It was by far the cheapest quote I had and the added bonus was "unlimited mileage". Their tel number is 0121 506 6040.
David Large

Post by David Large »

agnoraan wrote:I used to insure my '69 Camaro with Hagerty and it only cost £135.00 per year with an agreed value of £35K. Unfortunately, they wouldn't insure the Viper as it's a kit car. I've seen an awful lot of bad stories regarding Adrian Flux on the internet, but found that Footman James had good reviews and gave what I considered a good package deal. It covers my car with all of the modifications, an agreed value of £30K, salvage retention option should the unthinkable happen, continental cover, cover at shows and events, breakdown recovery, 3000 miles per annum allowance, though if I feel it may exceed that I just have to contact them and they'll adjust it accordingly for a small nominal fee,...the total cost is £188.00 with no claims protection.

Do any of the insurance conmpanies give discounts to club members? if not, have any insurance companies ever been approached regarding this?

Nige
My BRA is insured with Hagerty and its a kit car?

david
David Large
David Large

Post by David Large »

Dave Woodward wrote:Just renewing with Footman James, £35k value, 3k miles, £240. Happy with that though they 'erased' my no claims bonus as they don't recognise it.

Significantly better than other quotes I've received in previous years.
If you have an agreed value policy they do not apply no claims discount - I think this applies to all insurers, but I expect I am about to find out.

David
David Large
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I'm happy with my deal from Hagerty:
Z3 MC, agreed value 35,000, 3,000 miles (all they will give on a 'modern' classic)
Mustang, agreed value 60,000, 5,000 miles
Kirkham, agreed value 120,000, 5,000 miles
All in at £1200.
I have never had NCB on a classic policy in 35 yrs of classic motoring.