Insurance

289, FIA & Daytona topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Insurance

Post by peterc »

I used to be with Adrian Flux but they weren't interested in quoting for a value over £30,000 and certainly not an agreed value.
I got the impression that they would do the usual car insurance dodge and in the event of a write off they would mark the value right down for wear and tear.
I am now with Heritage who appear to understand what our cars are and what they mean to us. They sure me that the brokers know that the are home built but that we cherish them and keep them in good condition. They see us as a good risk.
I have just checked my renewal and like David W I am paying £240 for the £35k agreed value.
I believe that they have said that the price is dependant on belonging to a suitable car club.
I agree with Roger that I have never been offered any ongoing NCD although they may have taken my good record and many years of no claims into account originally.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I used to be with Adrian Flux but they weren't interested in quoting for a value over £30,000 and certainly not an agreed value.
I got the impression that they would do the usual car insurance dodge and in the event of a write off they would mark the value right down for wear and tear.
I am now with Heritage who appear to understand what our cars are and what they mean to us. They assure me that the brokers know that the are home built but that we cherish them and keep them in good condition. They see us as a good risk.
I have just checked my renewal and like David W I am paying £240 for the £35k agreed value.
I believe that they have said that the price is dependant on belonging to a suitable car club.
I agree with Roger that I have never been offered any ongoing NCD although they may have taken my good record and many years of no claims into account originally.
Peter C
Last edited by peterc on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
allan horsfall

Post by allan horsfall »

Hi Clive,

3000 miles, excuse late reply, wasnt about yesterday.

Allan
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Thanks Allan. That's what I thought. Most insurance companies seem to be around the 3k mark which just isn't enough for me.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Hagerty's default position seems to be 5k.
David Large

Post by David Large »

I have the 289 and the Porsche on a shared policy, both cars with agreed values.

The Porsche being a post 1990 car is limited to 3,000 miles - with no possibility of and increase on the mileage. Agreed value £15k

For the 289, being treated by Hagerty as a pre 1990 car, I can, if I wish, increase the mileage limit above 3,000. Agreed value £20k.

I started the policy in December 2015 when I bought the Porsche and that costs me £240 p.a; when I added the 289 in March 2016 it cost me an extra £60 up to the expiry date in December 2016. There are three named drivers on each car and it includes UK and European recovery. Both cars can be driven at the same time - Mrs Large says she is going to drive the Porsche, but we will have to see.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

Just renewed with Peter James - annual mileage 9K
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Top Trump!

I've just had my renewal from Heritage/Norton. Comprehensive cover, 10,000 miles, £35,000 Agreed Value plus Track day, Hill Climb and Sprint cover also 90 days EU cover.

Premium with Loyalty Discount..... £109.50! :P :P :P
Cheers, Clive.

David Large

Post by David Large »

I don't know how you do it.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I guess a lot is down to postcode and age. Our other cars (BMW 330, 525 and Range Rover) aren't much more expensive.
Cheers, Clive.