CSX2000 is FOR SALE!!!!!

289, FIA & Daytona topics
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

CSX2000 is FOR SALE!!!!!

Post by nikbj68 »

No. I checked. It's not April the 1st.
CSX2000, the first EVER Cobra is coming to market.

According to CLASSIC DRIVER the "most significant American Car of them all (discuss :wink: ) is consigned to RM's Monterey Auction in August!

Time to spend the kids' inheritance, mortgage a kidney, sell the wife..... :shock:

ImageImageImage

RM SOTHEBY'S
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: CSX2000 is FOR SALE!!!!!

Post by peterc »

Alan
I admire your enthusiasm but I think that there would be too many arguments over who would be untitled to drive it next and of course who would look after it in a suitable environment.
Carry on dreaming.
Peter C
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

First Shelby Cobra Ever Built Breaks Auction Records at Monterey. Highest sum ever paid for an American car - $13.8m.

Check it out here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-shelby ... 00455.html

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Ah yes, that well known part of America, otherwise known as 'Surrey'.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

I wonder who paid $12.5M + commission for CSX2000? I was more surprised to see it eclipsed by the Le Mans-winning 'D' type that totalled over $20M though...perhaps if the Cobra was as English as the Jag, it would have made more?! :shock:

It`s about time it found a new home, someone who can afford to replace those ratty old seats for a start! :roll:
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

nikbj68 wrote:I wonder who paid $12.5M + commission for CSX2000? I was more surprised to see it eclipsed by the Le Mans-winning 'D' type that totalled over $20M though...perhaps if the Cobra was as English as the Jag, it would have made more?! :shock:

It`s about time it found a new home, someone who can afford to replace those ratty old seats for a start! :roll:
Those 'ratty old seats' will have Mr Shelby's bumsweat in them - that probably constitutes at least $8.5 of the price alone, given the way the yanks worship him
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Roger King wrote:Those 'ratty old seats' will have Mr Shelby's bumsweat in them - that probably constitutes at least $8.5 of the price alone, given the way the yanks worship him
Probably best to remove them then :lol: Maybe put 'em in some sort of display case. Meanwhile, put a decent pair in so it can be driven!
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

OCD wrote:
Roger King wrote:Those 'ratty old seats' will have Mr Shelby's bumsweat in them - that probably constitutes at least $8.5 of the price alone, given the way the yanks worship him
Probably best to remove them then :lol: Maybe put 'em in some sort of display case. Meanwhile, put a decent pair in so it can be driven!
...or have them humanely destroyed.