Newsletter

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Phil Riley

Newsletter

Post by Phil Riley »

Sorry for the delay T289R members. The next (Autumn) newsletter should be with you within the week. I'll be going straight into the Winter edition and hopefully get it out before the end of the year. Only one problem; I only have about half the amount of articles I nned to fill an issue. So, if there's anyone out there got some interesting material they could send me, it would be a great help. Just email to the Editor (details on the inside front cover)

Cheers,
Phil

amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Newsletter

Post by amulheirn »

My 5-pager should help! ;)

Cheers,

Andy
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Fab!
289Glenn
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by 289Glenn »

I cannot wait to read about the Hawk restoration in the states........

:)

Glenn
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Ohhh, its a great article!

I just can't remember the name of the guy who wrote it.... Let me see.... Something like; Ken..., Ben...., Clem...???
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

289Glenn wrote:I cannot wait to read about the Hawk restoration in the states........

:)

Glenn
Looking forward to it! Is it the only Hawk out there?
289Glenn
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by 289Glenn »

Hi Guys,
I believe this is one of only four Hawks here in the States. There are all LHD. A friend of mine and I ran across one at the Monterey Historic Races in California a few years ago. We crawled over and under the car to determine if it was an AC or not. Great patina and it almost fooled us. I hope you enjoy my restoration story. It is an ongoing project. I hope to keep you all posted on progress if you are interested. Love reading all of your construction stories. Some of you guys are quite proficient and patient!

Cheers,
Glenn
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

We have another member with a Hawk in the US – I forget his name, but will look him up. He was at a show where Carroll Shelby launched a scathing attack on the replicas present, but made an exception when it came to the Hawk that was amongst them. Climbing in the car he was very complimentary, saying it wasn't like all the other xxxx!
the289admin
T289R Forum Admin
T289R Forum Admin

Post by the289admin »

Hey Glenn - Just received my newsletter and enjoyed your article very much!

By the way - you can find other people in the club using either the members database, or the Member Map. The latter is on the home-page on the left-hand side. You can zoom in and wave your mouse over each pointer to find out who/where they are, then look them up by name in the members database:
membermap.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Just to add, you will need to be logged in as a full member in order to access this facility.

Paul