A very nice touch

289, FIA & Daytona topics
agnoraan

A very nice touch

Post by agnoraan »

I'd just like to thank you guys for the festive feel to the forum, what a lovely idea, especially the header to this page, it's the little things like this that seperate this club from the rest, well done chaps :D
Nige
Phil Riley

Re: A very nice touch

Post by Phil Riley »

Ditto.

Well done Andy. And thanks to Alan for creating the banner image. :D
Last edited by Phil Riley on Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Bill's hat looks a bit big! :shock:
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

No problem. I'm not sure the Santa hat should be on the little town of Bethlehem, but who cares. It's time for inappropriate cheesy stuff. Thanks to Alan for the image (and all the others you see throughout the year).
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

It never ceases to amaze me how much talent, and variety of talent, is held within this owners' club. I have been, and still am, a member of over 30 classic car clubs and this one is far and away the most sociable, varied and yes, fun! We have our ups and downs but what a great bunch of people, all coming from different places.

I'm with Nige, well done Andrew!
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

Great show everyone and love the banner. Given my talents extend to being only able to remember the sites password when there is an R in the month I am impressed. However being of a certain vintage, what I am getting from the banner is Life Brian with the three wise men. Roger King is Brian's mother (Terry Jones eat your heart out) whilst Stewie, Paul and Midge are the three wise men and it would go something like this as the three arrive at Rogers garage;

Roger asleep by the side of his Cobra is startled as the three walk in (having parked their steeds someway off) and falls of his chair
"Oi!, who are you?"
Midge "We are three wise mechanics from the East"
"What are you doing creeping around a garage at 2 o'clock in the morning, that doesn't sound very wise to me, you could fall in the pit"
(Stewie with massively exaggerated Brummie accent) "We wish to praise the cobra, we have come to pay homage"
"Homage, Homage that's disgusting that is, get out"
Paul (placatingly) "We were lead here by a sat nav and a bright light (used a headlight relay to prevent voyage drop over the switch - Ed)
Roger (by now well into the part of mad deranged mother) "Lead by the bottle, more like, you are all drunk, get out, go and see someone else's cobra"
Stewie "But we have bought presents, rusty intermediate downpipes, an original cobra gearbox and foot boxes"
Roger, suddenly all smiles "Well, why didn't you say, the cobras over here, sorry the place is a bit of a mess (I'm not sure dust counts Roger - Ed)
The three mechanics bow and kneel before the cobra and lay their gifts on the floor before the radiator with reverence
"We Worship you King of the Cobras"
Roger in full flight "Well that's not a 64 gearbox, its a 65, you can tell as the third flange to the left is a millimetre longer. Foot boxes, foot boxes! where were you three months ago when I needed you, done that job and as for the intermediates, (Roger picks them up and sniffs) they don't have the original exhaust fumes in them. Your not three wise Mechanics, more like Astrologers I would say, Foxtrot Oscar the lot of you".
Exit stage left with the Three wise mechanics dejectedly taking their wares with them.

Apologies to the participants - dreadful script - and Merry Christmas to all
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glory to the newborn King. :mrgreen:

Apologies to any devote Christians out there. :wink:
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I am completely speechless, sitting here with tears rolling down my face!!!! But...er... what's a 'millimetre'? I don't think there are any on my car...

And as for you - you're not the cotton mouth, you're a very naughty boy! (wagging finger vigorously)
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

Cotton Mouth wrote:Great show everyone and love the banner. Given my talents extend to being only able to remember the sites password when there is an R in the month I am impressed. However being of a certain vintage, what I am getting from the banner is Life of Brian with the three wise men. Roger King is Brian's mother (Terry Jones eat your heart out) whilst Stewie, Paul and Midge are the three wise men and it would go something like this as the three arrive at Rogers garage;

Roger asleep by the side of his Cobra is startled as the three walk in (having parked their steeds someway off) and falls of his chair
"Oi!, who are you?"
Midge "We are three wise mechanics from the East"
"What are you doing creeping around a garage at 2 o'clock in the morning, that doesn't sound very wise to me, you could fall in the pit"
(Stewie with massively exaggerated Brummie accent) "We wish to praise the cobra, we have come to pay homage"
"Homage, Homage that's disgusting that is, get out"
Paul (placatingly) "We were lead here by a sat nav and a bright light (used a headlight relay to prevent voltage drop over the switch - Ed)
Roger (by now well into the part of mad deranged mother) "Lead by the bottle, more like, you are all drunk, get out, go and see someone else's cobra"
Stewie "But we have bought presents, rusty intermediate downpipes, an original cobra gearbox and foot boxes"
Roger, suddenly all smiles "Well, why didn't you say, the cobras over here, sorry the place is a bit of a mess (I'm not sure dust counts Roger - Ed)
The three mechanics bow and kneel before the cobra and lay their gifts on the floor before the radiator with reverence
"We Worship you King of the Cobras"
Roger in full flight "Well that's not a 64 gearbox, its a 65, you can tell as the third flange to the left is a millimetre longer. Foot boxes, foot boxes! where were you three months ago when I needed you, done that job and as for the intermediates, (Roger picks them up and sniffs) they don't have the original exhaust fumes in them. Your not three wise Mechanics, more like Astrologers I would say, Foxtrot Oscar the lot of you".
Exit stage left with the Three wise mechanics dejectedly taking their wares with them.

Apologies to the participants - dreadful script - and Merry Christmas to all
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

Roger, you are quite right, metric, what was I thinking of.....