Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Colin Newbold

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Post by Colin Newbold »

Just a quick message to all fellow 289ers (and to those 427 interlopers as well), where ever you are in the world... from The Steering Committee and myself... have a blast! Eat, drink, and be merry. Just leave the Cobra keys at home :lol:

Colin

P.S. Just love the new header picture. 'King' also features in many Xmas 'Carroll's' as well. :wink:
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Paul Blore

Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Post by Paul Blore »

And the same to you and Nicky, Colin.

My Christmas present arrived early and it's been washed twice since Thursday. :wink:

Should the forum header picture be titled "Glory to the newborn King"? :lol:

Paul
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

:D (that's the equivalent to a Bookface 'Like'!)
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

You will have spotted it's got the bonnet open, waiting for more coin of the realm to be thrown in.

Why on earth have I now decided to go for a Lucas C40 generator with mechanical tacho drive? And all the rewiring that goes with it... where's the brandy?
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I was wondering when you'd do that when I read that they originally used a dynamo and mechanical tacho drive. :lol:

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Paul Blore wrote:I was wondering when you'd do that when I read that they originally used a dynamo and mechanical tacho drive. :lol:

Paul
The damn thing's got more and more out of hand as time goes by. I keep saying it's done, but they never are.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Wow Rog! This is beyond OCD :lol: The 'Anorak' award no longer does you justice!

How about some of the extras offered at the time (chrome luggage rack, dress-up kit, white-wall tyres, hardtop)...you've still got a long way to go yet :roll:

Cheers,
Colin
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

No extras, Colin - that way lies a very slippery slope indeed.

I even have a super-rare cast ali sump with 'Cobra powered by Ford' cast into the sides, not the repro style currently available (which I think is really for Mustangs with a 'Cobra' engine) - not fitted because it's a bit too 'racy' for a road car. It also weighs twice as much as a tin sump, but I guess the advantage is in the stiffness.

Mind you, a 9-speaker Bose system with subwoofer might be good...
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I've never been convinced by alloy sumps. If something hits them that tend to break open, whereas a tin/steel sump will more likely just bend....up to a point of course.

Paul