AC Key Fobs - NOS

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Marsh

AC Key Fobs - NOS

Post by Marsh »

Dear all,

I noticed that Classic Leather Fobs apparently have a limited supply of what are described on their web site as NOS AC key fobs.

The AC enamelled badges were originally manufactured by Melson of Birmingham in the 1960's and have sat unused until now. Their site shows the badges in their original packaging and they do appear genuine old items. These badges have now been incorporated into suitable black leather key fobs and I am told there are a limited number still available at £29.95 plus UK postage.

I have no connection with this business, but having bought one for my car, I thought I would also place on your collective radars as a nice, potentially period correct addition to your Cobra. I have purchased from Classic Fobs before and have been very happy with the quality of their products.

www.classicleatherfobs.co.uk

Lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Samthomasracing

Re: AC Key Fobs - NOS

Post by Samthomasracing »

Awesome, thanks have just ordered one !
When racing was dangerous and sex was safe....
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Just to update - following my and Sam's orders tonight, I had an email from Richard Frost, the proprietor of Classic Fobs and he mentioned that there are apparently 4 remaining fobs, just in case anyone is interesting in purchasing one. I should have asked him for a referral fee.

But didn't.

Marsh
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I bought one of those key fobs at Silverstone in 2009 and the quality of the leather is superb although the enameling is getting a bit chipped now. Far better quality than any other AC/Cobra key fob I have seen.

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Samthomasracing

Post by Samthomasracing »

Looks great the older it gets..
When racing was dangerous and sex was safe....