50 years young

289, FIA & Daytona topics
morgy

50 years young

Post by morgy »

Hi

At the end of the month my car will be 50 years old, Being delivered to David Skailes on the 30/1/67. I am thinking about taking her out (if the weather plays ball) for a drive out around Sussex and thought it would be great to get a group together for a drive and a beer in a nice pub somewhere :lol:

If anyone fancies a cold drive out

ImageTSE by mark.morgan07, on Flickr
Image6116 2 by mark.morgan07, on Flickr
Paul Blore

Re: 50 years young

Post by Paul Blore »

Sounds like a great idea Mark. Unfortunately, I'm a bit too far away to join you, but I'm sure other will be up for it.

Paul
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Unfortunately I have two previous engagements on the 30th and my dash board half out as I am currently modifying the switch gear.
You may wish to consider Sunday 29th which co insides with the Cobra Car Club meeting at the tower cafe at Goodwood at 10.30 and then driving off to a pub at around midday. They are a very reasonable bunch of guys and girls albeit they will be mostly replicas.
The tower cafe is the road side of the circuit as the aero cafe is still out of service.
You could view it as showing them how a real one should look like?
Peter C
morgy

Post by morgy »

Hi Peter...

The weekend would suit me and most others better i guess.
Samthomasracing

Post by Samthomasracing »

Weekend is easier, especially as the evenings are still dark !

Looking forward to "summer"
When racing was dangerous and sex was safe....
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Hi Mark

Blimey - looking good for 50; I can only hope time is as kind to me in 2019 (it already isn't, before you say, Roger).

I'm afraid I'm a little too far north to pop down and see you in January, but when my car is ready( and the weather is more clement), it would be great to meet up.

Lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
COX5012
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by COX5012 »

As I don't live too far away I would of joined you, however I'm away skiing so can't but would be up for something similar any other time. Vince.
morgy

Post by morgy »

Marsh wrote:Hi Mark

Blimey - looking good for 50; I can only hope time is as kind to me in 2019 (it already isn't, before you say, Roger).

I'm afraid I'm a little too far north to pop down and see you in January, but when my car is ready( and the weather is more clement), it would be great to meet up.

Lee
I guess car's are like supermodels, :lol: It's amazing what you can do with photoshop... :lol: :wink: :wink:
morgy

Post by morgy »

COX5012 wrote:As I don't live too far away I would of joined you, however I'm away skiing so can't but would be up for something similar any other time. Vince.
Hi Vince

I like to get 6116 out as much as possible, Send me a PM if you fancy a blast out...

Mark
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Hi Mark,

I could definitely be up for a meet that Sunday (Jan 29th). It would be good to finally meet :D. I rather think Peter's idea is a good one...meeting at Goodwood 10:30 and joining the CRC posse. We can either hang around with them (not sure if they go for a drive then lunch?) or after a while do our own thing (drive and lunch). Actually, if you like, I could book a table for lunch at The Kennels?

This is the sort of thing my wife Nicky's usually up for...do you have a partner who'd feel the same way?

Regards
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"