Carcoon

289, FIA & Daytona topics
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Carcoon

Post by StewbieC »

Unpacked the Hawk out of the Carcoon after its winter hibernation and I am sold.
As if it has been in suspended animation. No rust, no whitening of the aluminium, no dust on the paint!
Fully recommended and I bet loads cheaper to run than a dehumidifier! :mrgreen:

Re: Carcoon

Post by Paul Blore »

They're great if all you want to do is store the car, but they don't lend themselves to actually working on the car.

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Yes, nice not to have the 'fungus' on the ali etc. However if you have more than one car to keep dry, I suspect the dehumidifier would soon overtake it cost-wise! They're a brilliant way to store a car though, but (as Paul says) I never leave my car alone long enough to make it practical, always fiddling.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Just be real careful of the zips Stuart, I went for the 'Veloce' model, which is designed for regular usage and pretty soon the zip on the end door broke. To be fair, they offered to replace it but I converted to Velcro with much better results. Faster too.

I run a dehumidifier as well as a low heat tube heater inside. God knows what all that's costing but when I saw the rust on the Kirkham after just 4.5 years I felt the investment was needed.
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"