Club Newsletter

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Phil Riley

Re: Club Newsletter

Post by Phil Riley »

Sorry about that Migge.
We've recently had a change of treasurer, the hand-over of bank details and membership renewals wasn't straight forward and as a consequence has delayed the updating of the membership mailing list.
If you don't get your copy in the next week or so, maybe you could email the Membership Secretary – His details are on the inside front cover of last Winter's edition.

Phil
Migge

Post by Migge »

Wow wow wow Phil,

To Germany it takes 2 days longer anyway. :)
Special customized BRA289
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

DavidP wrote:Would there be a way of receiving the Newsletter via pdf ?. Personally i would prefer this and it would / could save on postage & packing costs.
Hi David,

The majority of members prefer to receive a hard copy in the post. A pdf version mailed to members as an option has been considered in the past. This requires additional work, with someone managing its distribution. So at the moment, I'm afraid it is not an option. You can, however, access back-issues of the newsletter, in pdf form, by clicking the 'Newsletters from 2010' tab.

Phil
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

Phil,
Many thanks for the heads up - traveling a lot i am rarely in a position to collect the hard copy so i would be happy with a pdf link to download.
I full appreciate its a lot more work and most certainly prefer hrd copies [semi computer literate].
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

DavidP,

I've sent you a PM

Phil
289Glenn
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by 289Glenn »

Hi Phil,
I received my newsletter in the mail (post) yesterday, April 24. Nice work. Very fast delivery to the other side of the pond and to the other side of the US as well! Nice articles. I hope you enjoyed the report of my 1991 visit to AutoKraft. While most of the photos were of 427 body cars, there was a number of narrow body 289 bodies in process as well. If interest warrants, I would be glad to post more photos from that trip. I may start a photo site where I can upload photos of the many US Cobra events I have attended over the years. Many, many historically significant cars have run around our local tracks. I remember being given a ride around Laguna Seca by Gordon Gimbel in his 1964 USRRC 289 race car (CSX2514). It was my birthday around 1990. The wind in my face going down the front straight was blowing my helmet up and back as there was only a small driver's screen. As we went through turn 2 (a left hand 180 degree turn), I smelled smoke. LHD of course. Gordon said, "don't worry, it is only the tire rubbing on the fenders, I usually don't have a passenger!" I was hooked!
Process on the restoration of my Hawk 289 is coming along. Another update is in the works. It should be on the road within a few weeks.
Cheers,

Glenn
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Hi Glenn,

It was a pleasure to include your Autokraft visit and I'm sure our readers will enjoy it very much. Your idea to set up a repository for your photos is a good idea – If you don't already, might I suggest you set up an account on Flickr. Your ride in CSX2541 must have been fun. The material you submit to the newsletter is always very interesting and very much appreciated. And, I look forward to hearing how you get on with your restored Hawk 289 when it's back on the road.

Good luck and happy motoring,
Phil
v8junkie

Post by v8junkie »

Still no mag I am fully paid up
Migge

Post by Migge »

Got mine yesterday :)

Great as always!
Special customized BRA289
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

v8junkie wrote:Still no mag I am fully paid up
Sorry you've still not received your copy. We've recently had a change of treasurer, the hand-over of bank details and membership renewals wasn't straight forward and as a consequence has delayed the updating of the membership mailing list. Did you contact John Housego, our membership Secretary, as I suggested? If you haven't done that yet, you may now find there's further delay, as he's flown to the USA in the last couple of days. Let me know how you get on and if there's no joy I'll see what I can do.