Club Newsletter

289, FIA & Daytona topics
morgy

Re: Club Newsletter

Post by morgy »

I've still not had a Mag since the Silverstone one with 6107 on the cover.

I need to renew my membership now tho.. :roll: That year went by quickly!!
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

morgy wrote:I've still not had a Mag since the Silverstone one with 6107 on the cover.

I need to renew my membership now tho.. :roll: That year went by quickly!!
Hi Mark,

That means you're just missing the Winter edition. And, if you didn't renew in Jan, that's probably why you didn't receive the Spring edition. Have you let John Housego (Membership Sec) know? John will probably have a copy of the Winter newsletter which he can send you.

Phil
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Haven't had mine yet. But then I haven't had one since the Winter '15 issue.

I knew I had missed recent issues but didn't think it was a whole year. TBH, I've waited for the issues and when they haven't arrived time has already moved on.

Not very happy given it's the one thing the membership is worth paying for.

Post by Paul Blore »

Dave Woodward wrote:Not very happy given it's the one thing the membership is worth paying for.
Really Dave? :shock:
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

I may have worded it strongly but I think most will agree the newsletter is a fundamental/principle component of membership. That's possibly bourne out by the number of members that pay their subs and get a newsletter and don't engage with club activity or forum.

I John has confirmed he has two of the missing issues which he has kindly put in the post for me.

Post by David Large »

Dave,

It is very embarrassing for us that you have not received your newsletters, but of course we cannot know what we don't know. If you had told us that you were not getting the newsletters then we could have sorted out why and resolved it easily.

I had the same thing when I joined another car club - I didn't receive any newsletters and eventually I sent them a really frustrated angry e mail. They had been sending them out to the wrong number house - in the same cul-de-sac that we live in - and the recipient was presumably just throwing them away. They did not know that I was not getting them.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

I know Dave and I need to accept responsibility for not being more proactive. When they haven't arrived I've typically thought I'll give it a few more days, but then work and the kids take over and it's suddenly in the past. I hadn't realised it could have been a full year.

The odd thing is I'm not a new member :lol: . I've been receiving the newsletter for many years which always left me thinking it's just stuck in the post and will arrive (before forgetting)!

Dave.

Post by Paul Blore »

Dave Woodward wrote:I may have worded it strongly but I think most will agree the newsletter is a fundamental/principle component of membership. That's possibly bourne out by the number of members that pay their subs and get a newsletter and don't engage with club activity or forum.
I have to disagree. For me, whilst the newsletter is terrific, it certainly isn't the main reason for me being a member of the club and if it were, I probably wouldn't be a member.

For me, by far the most important benefit of being a member is the social side and the very good friends that I've made as a direct result of being a member.

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Hear, hear.

(But the newsletter is astonishingly terrific given the size of the club. Or even disregarding it).

Roger
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Apologies for expressing an opinion.

I think the newsletter is a fundamental backbone to the club (well done Phil) and I'd like to think the friendships and contact are not based upon membership.