T289R Member

Re: Body style choice

Post by peterc »

I see the body shape starts as a 39PH
Peter C
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

You could well be right there Peter :wink: I'm going to take various styling cues from the cars I like and try to make a period looking race car. I don't really want to replicate any one particular car though. I like the front end of mine, with the brake ducts and "letterbox" oil cooler opening, so I might go down that ruote, but that's a good way off so I'll see how it goes when it's time.

Oh yeah, it goes out in the rain too :wink: :lol: 8)

Nige
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

peterc wrote:I see the body shape starts as a 39PH
Peter C
There aren't many 39PH features on that body to my eye; other than bonnet & hardtop it appears to be 'standard' FiA.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Hi Alan, It's pretty watertight, the front of the screen doesn't need any duct tape on it as I've made it so that the top of the screen frame, butts up against a foam seal that's bonded to the roofs inside leading edge. The bottom of the sidescreens also have a foam seal, sealing the frame to the door top. The only place that can let in a little water sometimes is the sliding window bottom rail and that's only if it's really raining heavily. On the move it doesn't seem to collect water, so it's not an issue.
Nige
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

nikbj68 wrote:
peterc wrote:I see the body shape starts as a 39PH
Peter C
There aren't many 39PH features on that body to my eye; other than bonnet & hardtop it appears to be 'standard' FiA.

Ah, Nik, you need vision :wink: with a lot of squinting and maybe alcohol, It's all there before you, you just can't see it :lol:
Nige
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

agnoraan wrote:Hi Alan, It's pretty watertight, the front of the screen doesn't need any duct tape on it as I've made it so that the top of the screen frame, butts up against a foam seal that's bonded to the roofs inside leading edge. The bottom of the sidescreens also have a foam seal, sealing the frame to the door top. The only place that can let in a little water sometimes is the sliding window bottom rail and that's only if it's really raining heavily. On the move it doesn't seem to collect water, so it's not an issue.
Nige
No it isn't, leaks like a sieve. Would have an inch of water in the footwells if it didn't just run out of the holes. You're right about when on the move, it doesn't collect anything.

Are we still talking about the Landie?
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

agnoraan wrote: Ah, Nik, you need vision :wink: with a lot of squinting and maybe alcohol, It's all there before you, you just can't see it :lol:
Nige
...Or a LOT of cutting, grafting, filling, blending and whatever other alchemy you perform! :P
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Fibreglassing Nik, that's what you left out, it's the spawn of the Devil that stuff :lol: :lol:
Nige