Migge

Re: Body style choice

Post by Migge »

Don't forget to buy a ton of rivets :)
Special customized BRA289
Maxakarudy

Post by Maxakarudy »

THIS IS A VERY STRANGE THREAD I MUST SAY, IS IT MARKET RESEARCH BY STEALTH?
WOULD THIS BE ALLOWED IF A DEALER WAS ASKING MEMBERS WHAT BODY STYLE HAS THE WIDEST APPEAL & BEING OPEN ABOUT IT, BUT IT'S NOT, JUST AN ENTHUSIAST ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS.....
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

I don't think it is a strange thread in the least; surely this is what forums are for?

T289'ers tend to have a common interest in period authentic Cobra's; both original and replica, and so it's entirely natural to canvass the views and extensive experience across the membership - where else would you have access to such a volume of knowledge?

Many members place genuine value on the opinions of others - I know I do and it's a great testament to the integrity and intelligence of T289R members that their judgement and opinions can be trusted; it's one of the reasons why I'm such a proud member of the collective.

Mind you, in the days of the keyboard warrior, it is rare to be able to ask such questions and have absolute confidence that you will receive carefully considered answers; from personal experience, I can think of no other clubs or forum where where I'd do the same, in fact, elsewhere you'd probably be taking your life into your own hands :wink:

L
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Blimey, Max...that was a bit SHOUTY, wasn't it?
Even if it was a manufacturer doing a 'vox pop' I don't see why it's a problem, but it's a guy who's building a car, or maybe 2, that he will need to move on at some point. No stealth, he said what he's doing.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
db replicas

Post by db replicas »

If a manufacture does not ask opinions before going into production, things like this can happen:-

:lol: :lol: :lol:
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

BLOODY HELL DAVE! A little bit of sick just came up! :oops:

Point proved, I think.
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Errr and when did I grant you permission Mr Brookes to showcase my car to the forum?

It was MEANT TO BE A SURPRISE!

:D :D :D :D
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

What do you get if you cross a Mustang with a Cobra?

A Must-NOT!!! :twisted:

Or a HUGE Must-Ake...
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Thanks for all of the input, it's really appreciated. As to "market research by stealth", then this couldn't be further from the truth. I've been quite open about what I'm doing and why, and in numerous posts that I've made in the past, I've quite often asked for views and opinions on something. I feel that the "collective" on here are very knowledgeable and as such, I wanted to ask their honest opinion, knowing that I won't be given any bullshit, just honest opinions and for that I thank you all.

Back on topic, this arrived over the weekend, now I just have to decide the "look" that it will have :wink: . I'm finishing off Owains FIA at the moment, and once that's done I can then focus my full attention to this project

Any more thoughts on styling or colours would be appreciated :wink:

cheers...NIge
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Come on Nige, you need to break out a little - here's my recommendation for body style:

This is the aerodynamic version (think Daytona*), with the bonnet-mounted spare which deflects air around the windscreen.
50 years old, ali body, original paint, original station wagon, 50k miles, I'm 3rd owner, what more could you want?
...although yes, it is expensive in wiper motors (having two - neither of them at the back) and the wheels should be bronze green, not cream.
Stewbie and I are hatching a covert plan to take over T289R, mwah-ha-ha. Forget the 427s, the future's 4WD.

*You must be joking