Re-Chroming

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Roger King

Re: Re-Chroming

Post by Roger King »

I don't think so Andy - I have a very tired original with chrome plate intact but badly blistered as it's rubbish pot metal. It has clearly never been repaired, but the edges are just as rounded as my new Ceandess replacement. Parts for classic cars don't have to comply with modern regulations - or most of them would be unavailable. Don't forget - these are not for the kitcar market, they are reproduced parts for the classic car market.
I think that's just artistic licence in the catalogue.

Roger
morgy

Post by morgy »

Thats good news Andy, Do they say how this could have happened? Faulty casting?

Roger, I don't have a new cap yet... but from all of the photos i have seen the new caps do seem to have a more rounded edges? you can see some difference in the photos on this thread, It would be good to see a new one and my old styles side by side...
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Hi Mark, yes, it's always possible that they smoothed things to be a bit more rounded, but it's nothing to do with safety if they did. I think your 'old' cap is the square button type - I had one of those to start with and the main shape was different from the 'lollipop' style button cap, so it may not be a reliable comparison. What I don't know is if the AC289 used the 'square' button cap or the earlier 'lollipop' style.

Any dealings I've ever had with Ceandess over the years has shown them to be an excellent company to deal with, providing very good service. They went to a lot of trouble (and expense) to get the repro caps made well, and I believe they are better than the originals as a result. Andy's must be a rogue one.
Ceandess

Post by Ceandess »

Hi everyone,

We have recently made some Presto's with the flat trigger see them here: http://ceandess.online/product/presto-7 ... 2518006cab.