The UK's highest road!

289, FIA & Daytona topics
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

The UK's highest road!

Post by clive »

For those of you who spend all their time on the motorway!

Last edited by clive on Sun May 13, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
richmixture

you may need oxygen for this one

Post by richmixture »

Clive,

I spend a fair amount of time in scotland, climbing etc - i have never heard of /see this road. where is it, when i finish my lemans, i am going to drive it!!!

Kris :lol:
Kris
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

HI Kris,
This is the "Pass Of The Cattle" from Sanachan to Applecross on the mainland directly East of Skye. It is one of the "Must Drive" roads in the UK but best avoided in the middle of summer as it can get busy and passing places get used as carparks! Last time I drove it I met a Tourist coach coming the opposite way! (I've never seen the look of terror on the faces of so many passengers before!)
While you are up there Eilean Donan Castle is another "Must see"
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
richmixture

Post by richmixture »

thanks clive I will give you a shout if I come up that way, prob will as I told bill telford I would like to do the malt rally

I will add that to my list of places to drive my thunder chariot!!
Kris
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Hi Kris

"Thunder chariot" you say.
The Malts start this weekend, so that will have to be next year.
If you are up and running this year (I know you will be !!) why not do the Callander Classic, we could go on from there up North :D

regards

Bill
richmixture

Post by richmixture »

Hi Billy boy,

Two answer your questions, I would like to be up and running for silverstone - hopefully with all things going well you will hear me coming!!

I dont have that much to do, I have to fit the dash in permanantly, had problems here, also I have had problems with the upper steering column, now resolved, but I have to fit it back in.

I have also had problems with the gearbox remote link, none of them work on my gearbox, had to get gerry to make me a different one, have been down to collect it to try it yet, then I can bung the tunnel in. I have trim and I just waiting for a seat that had to be made, to fit me as I am too slim for the standard - thats not done yet.

Engine wise, got some senders to get. and some pipe work to connect up, and abit of P clipping to do. waiting for some exhausts to be made up as well.

I hope that if I get all this junk through, then I will be ready to go! if i am up and running, then I will come up to scotland to do the calendar classic with you.

no worries

kris 8)
Kris
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Hi Chris

Sounds like you are nearly in the finishing straight.
Keep going with the big push to finish.
As you know Colin Newbold is coming to Callander, he lives in Tunbridge Wells, so perhaps you could travel up together.
Clive is also thinking of this event, so perhaps we could have 4 x 289's there !!
Anyone else fancy a trip to Bonnie Scotland :?:

regards

Bill