Engne age

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Roger King

Re: Engne age

Post by Roger King »

petercharman wrote:In reply to Roger.

I may be luck, but I got not only an age related plate for my hawk 289 FIA but also historic tax excempt status as well. I registered it in the Brighton office so once Karl has his SVA, I am assuming he is going to do that in the UK given his comments on the German system I would advise him to get the car registered at Brighton. The only 1967 parts I had from the original car was the rear axel and front suspension.
Hi Peter,
Excellent, but when? I did too, 3 years ago. Unfortunately, unless you are really lucky, things have changed.
James Baxter

Post by James Baxter »

If it's a '64 260 and it's over here, chances are it's out of a dead Tiger.
Most were 260s (mine was) - they only made a very few 289s.

Roger[/quote]

Well it is over here, but it came over last year from the US, fitted in an Austin Healey, before the owner removed it to fit a 3000cc hence it became spare. Yes could well be Tiger or other. Would really like to find out !!!
It has numbers 5G20
C40E-6015E :?:
Also intersted in all AC's, Frazer Nash, Pre-war cars
petercharman

Post by petercharman »

Roger

Yes, mine was registered in June 2002, I had not realised things had changed.
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

James Baxter wrote:If it's a '64 260 and it's over here, chances are it's out of a dead Tiger.
Most were 260s (mine was) - they only made a very few 289s.

Roger
Well it is over here, but it came over last year from the US, fitted in an Austin Healey, before the owner removed it to fit a 3000cc hence it became spare. Yes could well be Tiger or other. Would really like to find out !!!
It has numbers 5G20
C40E-6015E :?:[/quote]

C4OE indicates 1964, as you say. If it came from the States, it won't be from a Tiger, most likely from a Falcon or other saloon which were far and away the most common cars to have 260s.
Oddly, I once got a genuine C5AE 289 HiPo the same way - from a 3000 MkI I bought for restoration. I sold it to Bill Shepherd and it ended up in a Cobra. It was an early 5-bolt, so not much use to me. Incidentally, 260s were 5-bolt, so you'll be very limited in which transmission you can use with it. If it hasn't got a gearbox attached, I don't know where you'd get one without a special bellhousing, a T5's out of the question.

Roger
James Baxter

Post by James Baxter »

Yes its the 5 bolt, but I have the bell housing and top loader to go with it as well.
Also intersted in all AC's, Frazer Nash, Pre-war cars
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

kaiserbilly1 wrote:Hi Miggie

Clive is in Tenerife golfing at present 8)
That's why he has been so quiet of late.

Bill
I'm Home! :lol:

Image :wink:
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Which one of those two is your car, Clive? Not sure about the hardtop...
Oh, sorry, wrong thread.