289 Side screen covers

289, FIA & Daytona topics
JakeAustin

289 Side screen covers

Post by JakeAustin »

Hi all,

I am in the process of trying to find someone to cover my side screens. They are bare steel at the moment with perspex windows.

If anyone has any contacts or knows of anyone who sells completed side screens I would greatly appreciate any help.

I am based in Shropshire/ Staffordshire.

I was hoping to use the cobra for goodwood revival. But with no windows its a no go :(

Thanks

Jake
Colin Newbold

Re: 289 Side screen covers

Post by Colin Newbold »

Any good trimmer with a strong reputation would do Jake, the more local they are might mean better value. That said, be sure to take drawings and/or photos of close up images of how they were trimmed in period, so the trimmer copies the design and the sidescreens look proper. Vinyl or Mohair? Also, consider getting a bag made to protect them. Peter and I went to Colin at www.bagworld.co, and are both very satisfied.
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
David Large

Post by David Large »

Hi,

Aldridge trimming (in the centre of Wolverhampton) did mine for me almost 30 years ago, in vynil. Apart from replacing the perspex they are still fine. I expect that over almost 30 years the Aldridge trimming business has changed significantly but they are well worth speaking to.

I fully agree with the comment about the bags, I got two made at the Hole in the Wall in Walsall at the top of the market.

regards,

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Intatrim are on Hortonwood Industrial estate.

Monsoon are the guys who I used. Sent them off to them and got them back pretty quick. I'm pretty sure Gerry uses them for those he gets done. If you call and ask at least they know what is involved and should be able to advise how much and how long.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

By the way, you need to cut them to suit before you send them. Instructions in the build manual and I did a write up on my blog thingy.

Post by Colin Newbold »

Monsoon are local to me Jake and did all the trimming on the Kirkham. They're pretty good but you might have to wait a while as I believe they're really busy. You can call Tony or Daphne on 01323 440 422.
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
JakeAustin

Post by JakeAustin »

Many thanks for all the replies.

Vert helpful. I will make some enquiries and see what comes up.

Optimistic for Goodwood next weekend i fear!!

Cheers

Jake