Lucas Knobs

289, FIA & Daytona topics
allan horsfall

Lucas Knobs

Post by allan horsfall »

Gentlemen,

If any of you are looking for the engraved Lucas, fluted edged type, control knobs for your dash switches. Ashley Hinton have them all. They can be contacted on line or via e-bay.

Allan
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Lucas Knobs

Post by peterc »

Alan, l have used Ashley Hinton several times with very good delivery times. As usual it’s best to order what you want in one order to reduce the relative item cost of postage.
He doesn’t offer every knob that we need on a Mk 2 dash so I bought a cheaper plain one and got the local Timpson shop to engrave it for me at £15.
The only thing to avoid is trying to fit these knobs to an alternative shaft. They are Bakelite so don’t like any stress caused by a tight fit on a shaft that’s a tiny bit bigger or trying to tap them to add a grub screw.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Lucas Knobs

Post by peterc »

Note that the heater knob does not match the other fluted ones. I believe that is correct as per the original AC.
I have no doubt that some members will advise that I am wrong with some of the positions of my switches but it works for me.
The knob labelled FAN is for the rad fan override and the extra knob to the right of the wiper is a variable wiper delay which I find useful.
As advised on a previous forum posting you have to be careful on spacing as space behind is at a premium.
Peter C
DSC_1917C.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.