IVA Spinners

289, FIA & Daytona topics
jontowers

IVA Spinners

Post by jontowers »

Hi People,

We will be soon looking at putting our build through the IVA test and need IVA compliant spinners for the wire wheels. I contacted Gerry and he told me that there were a couple of sets in and around the club that he has lent out previously. If anyone can let me know who might have a set and whether we would be able to borrow them of the test I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Jon Towers
simonjrwinter

Re: IVA Spinners

Post by simonjrwinter »

Jon, I’ve bought a set from another forum member. Happy to loan them to you if you like....
PM me

Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Hi Jon,
Good to hear you guys are nearly done!
James (cotton mouth) on here has mine.
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

I have just sent off the fee for the IVA and the test is in five weekish - would this help as I am in Harrogate? Any advice of odd bits and pieces before the test full tank etc?
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

I've got my test on 30th April. I wondered if we should all have a conference call chat to discuss items we're not sure about. What do you think?

I can't lend you my spinners Jon, unfortunately - need them myself!

Currently on my build I am boarding over the seatbelt frame, fitting a grille, and generally trying to make sure things comply as regards the 100mm sphere they test with. Also considering carpeting the interior so it covers up the bolts that hold the transmission tunnel down in case they're an issue.
Cotton Mouth
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Cotton Mouth »

A conference call? You are speaking to someone who thinks he is doing well if he dials the right number. Happy to talk it through if you would like, drop me a pM for a number. Perhaps you can provide a counseling session for the recurring thoughts of “did I do up that bolt?”. What is everyone using for fuel for a 1964 302? Some people with classics have suggested that Shell V power/BP Ultimate does not need additives. What is the congregations thoughts please?