Wire wheels

289, FIA & Daytona topics
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Wire wheels

Post by clive »

Longstone will not recommend Blockley tyres because Blockley only supply direct or through MWS. One member has just replaced his Pirelli P4000s (Which are no longer available) with Blockleys and to quote him.... "Just got back from a run, what a transformation!The car feels totally different, much more compliant over bumps (or holes here in Surrey), steering seems a bit lighter but lost no feel at all. Very very pleased,"

More info here... http://www.blockleytyre.com/
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
mmdave
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by mmdave »

After following this thread I have just bought painted wheels and blockley tyres from MWS and I had them fit the tyres before shipping to save finding a fitter locally. I wish I could tell you how they drive but I am not quite at that stage yet! All I can say is that they look good and they were delivered in 24 hours. I like the painted look (and the low price too) as they are not too bling. My only concern with the painted wheels is finding spinners to match as all spinners seem to be chrome. I have some tatty chrome octagonal spinners for the IVA but am thinking ahead and am wondering if new chrome wing spinners will look odd with painted wheels.
Dave
Hawk 289, RV8, T5, MGB, Progress : 50%
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

The spinner/wheel combination has never occurred to me, but looking back at photos it doesn't look odd to me. (With perhaps one exception!)

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
mmdave
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by mmdave »

Thanks for the photos, I think it will be OK when I have the lights, mirrors, nudge bars etc on to balance things out.
Dave
Hawk 289, RV8, T5, MGB, Progress : 50%