IVA donor wheels

289, FIA & Daytona topics
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

IVA donor wheels

Post by KevinW »

I am now about 2 weeks away from IVA, and will be trailering the car to Gillingham. It looks like my plans for 'proper wheels' might not now materilise so may have to submit the vehicle on its donor XJ wheels. Provided tyres have the correct tread depth and speed rating is this a problem (other than looking like a bag bolts)?
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: IVA donor wheels

Post by clive »

I don't see that being an issue, but then I'm harping back to SVA days and then the tread depth wasn't an issue as long as the speed rating was OK!
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
John H
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by John H »

My examiner did not check tyre age but that may be an issue if yours does. I wouldn't worry until after the first test anyway. Just about everyone fails first time through then you have a list of things to fix and therefor not spending money unnecessarily.

I have a set of 5 Cobra spline wire wheels that I used for my IVA for sale. Cheers John
Built St Piran Hawk289FIA in Scotland!
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

Thanks for the responses.
Tread looks OK, although suspect they are rock hard. I checked the speed rating; 'H' - so that's a fail. I might have to go in with my eyes open prepared for that.
Hamy-hoo
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Hamy-hoo »

Apologies for chiming in but @John H, can you please tell me more about the “5 Cobra spline wire wheels” you have for sale.

Cheers

Hamish
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

So i decided to bite the bullet and put new tyres on the donor wheels. Hopefully 2 of them can be re-used when the knock-ons go on.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hamy-hoo wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:24 pm Apologies for chiming in but @John H, can you please tell me more about the “5 Cobra spline wire wheels” you have for sale.

Cheers

Hamish
Hi Hamish,

John H is at Le Mans this weekend so probably hasn't seen your post.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)