White wall tyres

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Magnus
T289R Member
T289R Member

White wall tyres

Post by Magnus »

I really like the look of the car in the current top banner with the wire Wheels and the tyres with a thin White wall. Are there any decent White wall tyres available? I have been looking at Blockley but they are not available as White wall. The dimension i'm looking for is 205/70R15.
monster7

Re: White wall tyres

Post by monster7 »

search for "White Wall" Tyre Inserts by AutoRunner.
this may helps to make you independent and you can choose the best tire for you.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Colin Newbold had these fitted when he sold one of his previous cars back in 2010. Not as frequently on this forum as he used to be, but perhaps you could PM him for an answer or he might see your post and reply.

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Karl

Post by Karl »

Look for "Maxxis tyres", they have them in the correct dimension.
Karl
bernie
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by bernie »

Vredestein Classic fitted on my car llok alike top banner (205/70/R15)

Bernie
Magnus
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Magnus »

I have seen the Inserts by AutoRunner. but i think those are too wide. The Vredestein seems to be discontinued. So that leaves me with the Maxxis which I doubt can be compared with the Blockley if you compare performance.
Karl

Post by Karl »

There are many other suppliers in the US, even Toyo, Nexen, Hankook, which are not bad with what they supply in Europe, but white wall is mostly for the US market with lower speed index and different design criteria. I don`t know of any good sports tyre with white wall.
Regards Karl
monster7

Post by monster7 »

you can cheat with white PlastiDip spray as well. lot of vids out there. did that and it works not that bad...
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Note to Clive...That's not me in the picture! Close but not the same! You're right though, I did have white walls once upon a time...Cooper was the brand (US) And they were pretty US too. Pretty... and US is about all I can say for the ride quality and handling.

Word of warning...stay away from inserts...they don't stay inserted and can distort very easily...and painted tyres last one run if you're lucky.

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi Colin. I realise that isn't you in the picture, but I thought that it was your old black/silver car after you resprayed it and sold it on.
Hope all is well with you and Nikki.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)