any owners near West London?

289, FIA & Daytona topics
ske

any owners near West London?

Post by ske »

hi, I race against a lovely original cobra in historic, and got me thinking about a road car. Probably a Hawk 289, running a ford v8.
I have not had the chance to talk to any owners or see one up close yet, although I have sat in the hawk Daytona coupe but those are for race only
I currently own a couple of Ginettas and a TVR cerbera

if anyone is close to West London, I would be happy to meet up and discuss cars. thanks

Chad
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: any owners near West London?

Post by clive »

Hi Chad and welcome to the forum. As a past Membership Secretary of the Club, I'm sure there will be a few members in your neck of the woods, but not many actually use the forum. If you care to join The 289 Register, you will get access to the Membership List which gives an indication of where folk live. You could also take a trip to Gerry Hawkridge's and discuss the Hawk range of cars.

You also say you race historic cars, are you going to the Silverstone Classic in July? If so we have a Club Stand there which I'm sure will give you a warm welcome if you want to see some lovely examples of 289s, particularly on the Saturday when we usually have in excess of 30 cars.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi Chad,
There are a few members in Greater London and out towards the West but as Clive says not sure who would see your forum posting.
As Clive said the National Classic meeting at Silverstone - July 26-28th is a very good way to start if you could make it.
Gives you a chance to see numerous variations of Cobras mostly based on the Hawk.
I’m down in Guildford and happy to discuss the in and outs of Hawk ownership.
Perhaps suggest a few dates and where you might like to meet up so I can check my diary.
Peter C
ske

Post by ske »

hi
thanks very much for the replies

I won't be racing at the classic this year but hope to go along to watch

would be great to have a look at some 289s up close and have a chat to owners, so I hope to be in touch closer to the time

Btw im not sure if this event is on your calendar but the Bicester Sunday scrambles are great events with a huge turn out of classics. There is one this Sunday £10 entry
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Hi Chad - welcome to the forum! Hope to catch you at the Silverstone Classic if you can make it - we've got about 30 cars registered to be on our stand over the weekend, so plenty to look at. Lots of good advice to be had too.

Love the Bicester Scrambles too - I usually seem to miss them though.
Cheers,
Andy
JakeAustin

Post by JakeAustin »

Hi chad.

I’ll be at the super scramble at Bicester in my cobra if you are around. Feel free to say hi if you have any questions or would like a look.

Jake