Re: Three Years, Five Months and Three Weeks

Post by SiJackson »

SiJackson

Post by SiJackson »

monster7

Post by monster7 »

Great looking Car, congrats! it's roughly a copy setup wise to my car, including the AVONS, grease gun and the dash with the Sun Tach :) (if this is your dash as the car seems to be red in the picture).
May i ask for some details how you did the ally work inside (tunnel, rear fire wall). Kirkey seats?
Thanks
Ronald
SiJackson

Post by SiJackson »

monster7 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:46 pm Great looking Car, congrats! it's roughly a copy setup wise to my car, including the AVONS, grease gun and the dash with the Sun Tach :) (if this is your dash as the car seems to be red in the picture).
May i ask for some details how you did the ally work inside (tunnel, rear fire wall). Kirkey seats?
Thanks
Ronald
Hi Ron and thanks

The dark red (rosso Barchetta) is the colour it will be painted. I painted the returns and the door frames before building it up to make masking and painting a little easier without having to strip it all out again. I will just use soft edge masking foam and polish out the dry line when finished.

All alloy work was just hand formed, cut and rivetted, bent into shape just using regular workshiop tools. The dash was formed in two lengths of angle in the vice and the curved ends were just formed with hammer and dolly and rivetted on the underside.

I cut the doors up and retained the GRP outer skins, bonded thin alloy sheet to the smoothed out insides and formed steel frames. The frames were easy enough, i just filled them with sand, brazed the ends up and bent them to shape with a little heat until they matched the radius of the door shuts. The mounts and latch plinths were just fabricated in steel and tig welded into place then covered with brass fillets and filed smooth. The frames are then bonded and rivetted to the skins. They look more authentic than the stock Hawk doors without the cost of having doors made and should take car park dings better than thin alloy skins too.

The seats came from AC Heritage and are Kirkeys just trimmed in old leather, the new stuff just didn't look right.
Migge

Post by Migge »

Great detailed work Simon, congrats.
Special customized BRA289
monster7

Post by monster7 »

Thank you Simon for the info,much appreciated :)
SiJackson

Post by SiJackson »

Migge wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:35 pm Great detailed work Simon, congrats.
Do you like the header tank and badge on the nose? :D :D :D :D
Migge

Post by Migge »

Yes I do, the details count :)
Special customized BRA289