289 Toolkit

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Dobie177
T289R Member
T289R Member

289 Toolkit

Post by Dobie177 »

In case you find yourself browsing eBay looking for inspiration over Xmas, here’s a little something I’ve been working on over the past few months…

With massive help from an old ClubCobra thread and a couple of kind-hearted folks, I’ve managed to pull together a reasonably accurate toolkit that mirrors what would have come with an original 289 from the factory. Some parts original, some reproductions.

Toolkit pouch with twill tape ties in original material and style
Elora #100 “Whitworth” BSF spanners in the correct style and sizes: 7/16 1/2 BSW; 3/8 5/16 BSW; 5/16 1/4 BSW; 1/4 3/16 BSW; 3/16 1/8 BSW (although these don’t, of course, actually fit any of our cobras!! – for that you need AF equivalents!)
Elora spanner clip with the correct blue paint
BDS pliers
BDS flathead screwdriver
Brake bleeder tool
Thor hammer with the patent number 50130 cast into the head label
Tommy bar (to go with Shelley Jack that’s in the boot) - missing from my pics

The grease gun is mounted separately under the bonnet.

Hope that’s helpful for others who may try to assemble something similar. If you spot something I have got wrong, ignorance is bliss :D :D

Merry Christmas!
Howard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dorkus

Re: 289 Toolkit

Post by Dorkus »

Nicely done! I have just about everything for mine except the BDS screwdriver. Where did you get the pouch?
Dobie177
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: 289 Toolkit

Post by Dobie177 »

Glad I'm not the only one mad enough to expend effort on this :lol: - it is only for "show" after all!!

The pouch came from a lovely old chap in the US called Jim Maxwell. I will send you his email via private message. He is a treasure trove of stuff - 45+ years of collected Cobra parts and literature. But he also reputedly makes one of the best reproduction tool pouches. Mine looks scruffy as I wanted it to look 60yrs old!

This thread was my best information source... http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/origina ... redux.html

Merry Xmas!