What do you think of the new forum and changes to the websit

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Hawk289
T289R Member
T289R Member

What do you think of the new forum and changes to the websit

Post by Hawk289 »

All,

Evening, for the last few months we have been changing the website and improving the service (well Richard has been doing the hardwork). What do you think? Is it better, do you like the new forum (will upload the old one soon!).

Anyway, just throught I would get your views, also the new one allows for images to be setup, here is one of my FIA.

Also why not show us some of the cars that people have, may be an easier way for us to upload the pictures into the gallery!

Thanks

John.
Migge

Post by Migge »

I'm in deifferent forums and say Thank you for the new standard. Hope it will be more used than the old one.

Cheers
Migge
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Hi John

The new forum is great, much easier to use, :) so is the web site, keep up the good work both of you.
Your car looks great, look forward to seeing it at Silverstone ?

regards

Bill Telford
Migge

Post by Migge »

Can we load up photos into a gallery in the future?

Or is it in work to start up a gallery at all?

Cheers
Migge
Hawk289
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Hawk289 »

Hi,

Great idea, the only problem we have is space, I have tried to keep the cost down. But you can upload your pictures into something like http://photobucket.com and reference on the forum. I'm looking at other hosting vendors, but we already use over 600MB of space. Will let people know. Also it may be worth knowing the members login page has all the newsletters uploaded (Richard, great job).

Thanks

John.
Migge

Post by Migge »

Rise the yearly membership due! Just an idea. I don't want to get trouble with the other members but 20,- for a years membership is okay I think. Don't know if that really helps.
Please do me a favour an ask Karl Heinz from the german independent forum how he handles that. There is no due no nothing. He just asks the members for a little support, some pay some not I thaink, but it works. May he can help. Just tell him Michael B. gave you the link.

http://www.cobra-roadster.com

Cheers
migge
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi John,
I think the new forum format is great and will encourage more debate.
I would appreciate however if the Avatar size could be increased to 10KB if it is possible.
Many thanks.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
the289admin
T289R Forum Admin
T289R Forum Admin

Post by the289admin »

Clive,

Good point, I have increase to 20K, let me know if you have any other issue, also I'm currently investigating the cost, etc of having a gallery for members. My current hosting company will cost too much.

Thanks

John.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

the289admin wrote:Clive,

Good point, I have increase to 20K, let me know if you have any other issue, also I'm currently investigating the cost, etc of having a gallery for members. My current hosting company will cost too much.

Thanks

John.
Thanks John, makes the site more personal and easier to see who's posted :lol:
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Wynterburne

Post by Wynterburne »

Don't forget you can send pictures of your car to me by e-mail and I will add them to your entry in the Members section. Sadly not many have done so.

Richard