Who puts their Cobra away for the Winter?

Other topics
agnoraan

Who puts their Cobra away for the Winter?

Post by agnoraan »

I've just renewed the tax on the Viper so it's all set to run through to next summer. Do you guys take your cars off the road for the Winter or do you keep them in a useable state for that fine day that might happen?

I used to use my Camaro through the Winter on dry days, though I did venture out one day in the snow, (the roads had been cleared though) that was an interesting drive :lol:

cheers..NIge
Paul Blore

Re: Who puts their Cobra away for the Winter?

Post by Paul Blore »

Mine goes away, mainly because any salt on the roads would play havoc with the aluminium. :?

Paul
David Large

Post by David Large »

Mine is available for use all year round, I have used it on boxing day in years gone by.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

David Large wrote:Mine is available for use all year round, I have used it on boxing day in years gone by.

David
Hi David, I can relate to the Boxing day thing, as I like to try & get out for a run every year as well. I just think it gives me a chance to be out on my own enjoying myself after the Christmas mayhem, even if it is chucking it down with rain like it did last year :wink:

cheers..Nige
David Large

Post by David Large »

Absolutely spot on Nige.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I don't mind the cold or the wet, I can get suitably dressed up for that, it's the salt on the roads and all the unpainted aluminium on my car that stops me going out. Maybe I'll take the Dino out this winter. :)

Paul
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

PaulB wrote:I don't mind the cold or the wet, I can get suitably dressed up for that, it's the salt on the roads and all the unpainted aluminium on my car that stops me going out. Maybe I'll take the Dino out this winter. :)

Paul
Taking the Dino out certainly sounds like a good plan :wink: The local historic bike club around here, have a Boxing day meeting and all congregate at a local "greasy spoon" cafe for a cuppa and a chat. Some of the car guys turn up there too, so that's probably where I'll be heading to escape the Christmas chaos at home. Does the Dino need any work or is it good to go and do you have any photos of it to share?? It'd be good to see the changing "face" and the fettling carried out that you've done to the Kirkham too since you've owned it, I know it's had a few different guises :wink:

cheers..Nige
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Hi Nige,

It's in very nice condition inside and out. There are a couple of blemishes, one on the rear edge of the passenger door and a couple on the rear valance, but other than that, it very straight and solid. The engine and gearbox was completely rebuilt about 8,000 miles ago and the interior was re-trimmed around the same time. It isn't concourse, but it is a lovely solid and honest car.

Paul
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

I use mine all year round.
Fun, if not a bit scary on the icy roads. The worst bits are when ones hands are more like hooks, holding the wheel and and ones face feels like it's going to fall off!
The Reynard chassis always gets a good jet wash when I get home.