Dream cars

Other topics
agnoraan

Dream cars

Post by agnoraan »

I found this a bit spooky as I'd forgotten about it until recently. One of the forums I used to frequent asked the question a few years ago regarding "dream Cars", you know, what would you have in your garage if you could afford it and money was no object sort of thing?

This was my reply copy and pasted here. It would seems that I've been subliminally guided to build a Cobra a certain way for quite some time and didn't realise it

Mmm, big decision, but I'd rather like one of these

Or maybe one of these

But this would probably keep me happy for a while :lol: :clap:

Last edited by agnoraan on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
agnoraan

Re: Dream cars

Post by agnoraan »

....and now I have this sitting in my garage, how spooky is that??

Ok, so given unlimited funds, what cars would be on your wish list?? (photos would be good :wink: )

cheers..Nige
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I think I must be getting old, but I'm really happy with what I have. I no longer see the attraction of owning a Ferrari, Lamborghini or the like. Living where I do, there is no opportunity to use any of these cars to anything like their full potential. There is only one racetrack anywhere near where I live and it's relatively short, and motorways are only two lanes so overtaking even at 70 mph is never easy. I do however still admire some of the cars I see at the golf club such as the Jaguar xkr and Masseratti, but then I see the old farts driving them and I hope I don't look like that!

My priorities now seem to be comfort over performance, practicality over show, and probably most important is can I get in and out of it without looking stupid and does it take a set of golf clubs in the boot!
I have the 330M Sport for everyday driving which gives me great performance and handling for the roads round here, the good lady's 525 for long journeys and the Range Rover for winter and off road, plus towing, and finally the 289 for playing in. I have been looking to replace the 330, but the only car that really floats my boat, is another BMW.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

When I was in my early twenties I went to a show at the Norfolk showground and saw for the first time a Lotus Elan + 2, I was bowled over. I worked my socks off for an eternity and eventually got one aged 23, I still have it. We have been through many 'testing' times and at one point I admit putting it in the shed to rest for a bit, but now she is always on the button.

Then after many other Loti interludes - Europa, Elan Sprint FHC, 7, other +2's my dream turned to V8 engine cars and the 5 speed +2S130 that I had just finished made way for the BRA. You know what they look like, I still have it.
Then a Mustang itch really became all consuming, I wanted a '65 - '66 Shelby GT350, talk about impossible dream !
It was, but I did find a '65 Factory GT K code Fastback which is darn close, I still have it.

But now I am lusting after something to use as a more everyday car and am thinking of parting with the Mustang, but for the first time the dream factory is coming up short.
Early B.R.A. Warmed 3.9 Rover, 5 sp, 3.07 rear, Fully adjustable front suspension with AVO coilovers, 4 link rear suspension AVO coilovers and Panhard bar, Big 2 pot front calipers, rear discs, servo'd, adjustable front / rear bias, scruffy paint job !
v8junkie

Post by v8junkie »

I also have a ,65 Fastback 289 Mustang A code love it :D :)
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Ummmmm!

Well I did say that I need another 8 cylinders to make my tally more acceptable :wink:

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

I have a friend who has an Esprit S2 JPS commemorative he is wishing to move on, long time owner car is immaculate if that floats your boat.
Early B.R.A. Warmed 3.9 Rover, 5 sp, 3.07 rear, Fully adjustable front suspension with AVO coilovers, 4 link rear suspension AVO coilovers and Panhard bar, Big 2 pot front calipers, rear discs, servo'd, adjustable front / rear bias, scruffy paint job !
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

Hmmm close but no cigar !
Wrong graphics and lack of serial number on rear upper quarter means that although nice enough is not the real deal.
Limited edition of 100 only !