In loving memory

Other topics
agnoraan

In loving memory

Post by agnoraan »

I thought it might be interesting to share some of our previous cars that we've owned over the years. I have fond memories of most of them, but there are one or two I'd rather forget :wink:

Over the years I've owned all sorts of cars, my first being a sit up and beg Ford Pop, followed by 1937 Morris 8 2 seater tourer, which I learnt to drive in. This was followed by a 1936 and then a 1939 MG TA's. Numerous old Brits like Jags, American cars etc but strangely enough I really liked the old SD1 Vitesses, having owned three of those.

here's my '72 Bullnose Trans Am

After watching Two Lane Blacktop I went and bought myself a drag race '55 Chevy & promptly painted it satin black. this car systematically destroyed itself breaking axles, suspension, propshaft, gearbox etc etc, but boy, did it run quick.

This was my second '55 Chevy, which was fully street legal and ran the 1/4 mile in 10.57 seconds at 135 mph

Last edited by agnoraan on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
agnoraan

Re: In loving memory

Post by agnoraan »

My 1929 Model A Ford hotrod pickup with a supercharged small block Chevy motor (unfinished in this pic). I was going for the Ed Roth style 1960's showcar look with this one. I t had metalflake chassis and body with purple/white tuck and roll interior

I also owned this Rover called Autumn Gold for a while. It was built in the late '70s and was quite well known when it was first built. When I bought it, it was looking a little sorry for itself

I built a bodykit for a Triumph TR8 which I restored and painted back in the early 90's and subsequently ended up owning it

agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

My '69 Chevrolet Camaro just prior to selling it. This had a total nut and bolt restoration

My Viper as bought, but has now been modified a bit :wink:

This was our bay window VW camper. I took a mould from the whole front end of a splitscreen van and modified it dramatically to fit onto the bay window van. I then added samba roof widows and made a smooth fibreglass engine cover, front and rear bumpers etc. It also had opening safari windows and some aluminium deluxe trim which i formed to shape to fit the front. Then a ripped 3d chequered flag was sprayed onto the front and doors, to make it look as though it had got caught on the front as it was driving along.

What sort of cars have you guys owned over the years??

cheers..Nige
Migge

Post by Migge »

Allo gone. TVR 300M and Magnum 427 SF.

Older pictures with cars are not scanned :-(

Special customized BRA289
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I love the paint job on the camper Nige, but the TR7 is perhaps best forgotten. :wink:

Paul
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

I can't compare with any of those beauties but a Fiat 127, Mini Clubman 1100, and too many Audis to list are remembered with fond memories! :?