Shelby Heritage Collection

Other topics
agnoraan

Shelby Heritage Collection

Post by agnoraan »

Has anyone been to see this collection and if so what's it like??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7WSlR2p3eQ

cheers..Nige
Old Boy Racer

Re: Shelby Heritage Collection

Post by Old Boy Racer »

Nige - been a few times either passing through or while staying in Las Vegas. It's part of the Shelby factory and located on LVMS so plenty to see - including the oval and the drag strip. Cars tend to change around a small core of permanent exhibits. Small gift shop as well plus factory tour if you ask nicely. Finishline are (were) located close by so worth talking to them as well. Years ago, my wife manage to blag me a go in one of the Shelby replicas (sorry continuations) they were building for a masters racing series that came to nothing. Plenty of other race schools and driving experiences there as well. Derek Daley, Freddie Spencer and Richard Petty from memory, although that's probably changed. Head north out of Vegas on The Strip towards Edwards and Area 51 and look for Nellis AFB. Entrance is just up the road a bit on the other side.

Robin
Old Boy Racer

Post by Old Boy Racer »

Doh - just noticed the video is of collection at Laguna Seca. Some of the same cars as the Vegas museum which confirms what I said about cars moving around. That wasn't at Laguna Seca last time I was there. I'll go back to sleep now.

Robin
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Thanks for that Robin, I'm hoping to go next year if all things go according to plan :D

cheers...Nige