Christmas presents?

Other topics
David Large

Re: Christmas presents?

Post by David Large »

Since it doesn't yet have a UK registration I am limited to driving it (enthusiastically) around the car park. It all works very well except for the back screen window wiper. I have a new motor arriving tomorrow and I have a new wiper blade on order. Otherwise it seems to be great.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Old Boy Racer

Post by Old Boy Racer »

Well I drove my Pre War Cobra Xmas present to myself home yesterday morning so it's now tucked up in the garage where I've already made some changes and planned others. Ordered new rears lights and a correct number plate as stocking fillers. Interesting reaction to this cathedral on wheels by a lady in a Fiesta who clearly wanted to get out of a side turning before the "Old Crock" arrived on the scene. It arrived rather quicker than she'd expected so the view of the Railton radiator in her rear view mirror must have been interesting. Hard to believe for a 1936 car but the 0-60 time is 8.5 seconds so we quickly blew by her. Parp Parp.

Robin
David Large

Post by David Large »

I like it.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Just told Nicky I need 5 new Avons. Think I just forfeited Christmas :cry:

Post by agnoraan »

Well, I've just finished painting someones Christmas present, she's a huge fan of Amy Winehouse and her dad asked me if I could spray Amy on his daughters guitar as a present. I've just got to flat it down and cut it back, I just hope she likes it

cheers...Nige
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

That's amazing Nige!

Post by Paul Blore »

I'm sure she'll be absolutely delighted with it, who wouldn't be? 8)

Paul
Maxakarudy

Post by Maxakarudy »

Nige,

Nah, I don't think she'll like it. :cry:

She'll love it :D

Lovely job mate

Martin
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Spectacular!
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Thanks for the compliments, it's appreciated. I'm always concerned in case the customer is unhappy in some way as artwork is a very subjective thing. if they were expecting photo realism then they'd be disappointed, though I did prepare a design of the artwork before starting it, so fingers crossed. :)

Well, I went to pick up my Xmas present today and to say I'm a little disappointed is an understatement. I knew that I'd seen a quilted jacket with COBRA on the back somewhere and I finally found it. It was a pit jacket from back in the day. I searched the 'net and found a navy jacket similar to the original, albeit with a few changes here and there. After ringing a lot of companies I settled on one to embroider the back witht he word COBRA. I sent them photos of the original showing the size and layout of it. I went to pick it up today and they've made the logo waaaay too small....gutted. I'm unsure whether to buy another jacket and start again or whether |I'll grow to like this one. If I hadn't seen an original pic then I'd be happy, but it's knowing it's not right bothers me, but there again the jackets not 100% faithful either :cry: why can't people get things right??

This is how it should be

And this is how mine is

cheers...Nige