What is it??

Other topics
agnoraan

What is it??

Post by agnoraan »

What is it about the Cobra shape or mythology that makes people go WOW!! when they see one or seem envious even when you say you have a replica?? I can't understand why people seem so in awe of them, even when they know it's not real, how have they achieved that sort of status? What is it that makes people like that? Since owning the Viper I must have had half the village walking up my drive just to talk about it, WHY??? The interest it gains from ordinary people is beyond me :? Even when I tell them it's not real they still seem to revere it. I've had loads of really unusual cars over the years but I've never known anything like this before.

cheers..Nige
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: What is it??

Post by nikbj68 »

I had the best ever(...yes, OK,in 2 months of ownership! :roll: )comment yesterday. A chap was just pulling out of a petrol station as I drove in, and he looped back around and came to chat.
"I`ve had 3 replicas, a Sumo & 2 Daxes, but never seen a real one on the road..."
"Sorry, It`s not a real one, it`s a Hawk!"
"No?! Really? O...M...G." :lol:

Then, driving through town, a lady said to her kiddies: "Look at that car", and the children started waving. A quick toot on the horn had them jumping up and down like it was a Royal Visit! :lol:

I don`t know what it is about the shape, but it does seem to make most people smile!
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

nikbj68 wrote: Y
Then, driving through town, a lady said to her kiddies: "Look at that car", and the children started waving. A quick toot on the horn had them jumping up and down like it was a Royal Visit! :lol:
I had a similar thing when I was getting petrol on the way home from picking it up after buying it. As I was fueling it up, a leggy, drop dead gorgeous blonde walked over and winked at me and in a purring sort of voice said "nice car":-) followed byher sensuously running her fingertips on the top of the front wing. I thought,.....get your hands off my car :-P

Cheers.... Nige
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Not that bloody Greta Garbo again? I have to beat her off with a stick every time I go out! :wink:
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I think it is the same with many other British classic designs. Take the Spitfire for example. A classic British design that didn't have computer aided design, drawn freehand. It too is a timeless classic and just looks right.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Yeh, but under the skin it still had a lot of the old Herald traits :wink:

In the 27 years I've owned Cobras, a high percentage of admirers have been women of a certain age – I call my car the 'Granny Magnet'.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Being of a certain age and a grandparent, I have noticed that there are quite a lot of hot grannies out there. :P
Last edited by clive on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

catsx11 wrote:It would be interesting to park up side-by-side in public a 289 Roadster and a 427 S/C and see
which draws more interest from passers-by, then ask which one they'd feel more comfortable to own?
We had that situation on many occasions on our Italian road trip. ;)

Paul