Help - my TV

Other topics
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Help - my TV

Post by amulheirn »

David Large wrote:Andy,

Thanks for your continuing interest in this problem.

My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 213 running windows 10
My TV is a Samsung model no. UE37C6505UK

I have plugged the laptop and the HDMI cable into our other TV and that just records no signal either. We don't have another laptop to try.

On the Samsung, the other day I tried all of the HDMI sockets to no avail.

A mate of mine has a Chromecast thingy that he does not use - I am going to borrow that and see what results I get. The guy at Currys merely pointed out that the Chromecast thing restricts the programmes that you can watch.

No problem! I like a technical challenge.
Never having been a Windows 10 user, I'm a bit lacking in skills. Based on what you say above, it sounds like the computer isn't putting a signal out since you've tried it unsuccessfully on another TV. So we need to either mirror or extend your display onto the TV using the HDMI.

With the HDMI cable connected between the two, and the correct HDMI input selected on the TV, can you try pressing the 'Windows' key and P on the keyboard? This should either switch between displays, or bring up a box that allows you to do so.

Another possibility is to right-click the desktop and choose 'Graphics Options' from the menu. Then select 'Output to' and then 'Digital Television'. See a screenshot of this at step 4 here: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/51201/us ... indows-10/

Another possibility: In the screenshot at step 4, you see that there's a green menu option called 'NVidia Control Panel' which may (or may not) be present on a Lenovo. (It depends if Lenovo Yogas use a graphics chip made by Nvidia - I'm not sure if they do). If that is there on your computer, open it up and you may see something like the picture a quarter of the way down this page: http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/12555 ... up-nvidia/ - you may be able to fiddle with some of the settings under 'Displays' to get it to output to the TV.

Just a few ideas... I'll see if I can find better ones later.

The IMI thing sounds good. I just discovered theyve got a couple of events near-ish me, so I might go!