Car polishing

Other topics
Migge

Re: Car polishing

Post by Migge »

The door after sanding with 1500 and 3000 grid and polishing. At the boot you can still see the orange peel.

It's difficult to take a good picture.

Special customized BRA289
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

This is a finish achieved by using 1500, 2000 wet and dry, followed by mopping it with Farecla G3, G10 and hand glaze on my '69 Camaro.

There's no wax on it at this stage as I will not have any wax in my workshops. As to Autoglym Resin Polish, as far as I'm concerned, from a painters point of view, it's the "Spawn of the Devil" It has a very high silicone content, which will, if not completely removed, contaminate any future painwork to a car. It might give paintwork a lovely finish, but it's a nightmare to remove and paint the car afterwards.

The finish on my Viper is nowhere near as smooth as the Camaro, as I want it to look more like a survivor car than to have a pristine concours paintjob. I've intentionally finished it this way as it's waaay easier to live with and I find I don't worry too much about where it's parked. :lol: :wink:

Nige
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Couldn't agree more about the Autoglym stuff. I use Raceglaze 55 or similar, high Carnauba wax.