Birds

Other topics
agnoraan

Birds

Post by agnoraan »

i don't know what the birds are eating around here, but whatever it is it must be pretty toxic stuff. One decided to have a dump on the roof of my car.It must have only been on there for a few hours whilst it was parked up. When I wiped it off, the bird poo had eaten through the lacquer and marked the basecoat, taking the colour out of it, grrr!!

Luckily the rest was on the screen, so it's only minor damage, but what are these birds eating???

Nige
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Birds

Post by peterc »

That normally only happens if you leave the poo on for several days and its sunny. It's worse near the coast I have been told.
Amazed that your lacquer couldn't protect it in the short term
Peter C
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agnoraan

Re: Birds

Post by agnoraan »

2K lacquer chemically cures and even though it's surface hard, can still fully through cure for some time after that. The surface on this was fully cured, but for some reason the bird poo ate through it. My wife had a new Corsa and there was poo left on that over night and even on the factory finish a stain was left in the paint, and even after polishing it, there was a mark left. I don't know what they're' eating but it doesn't do paint any favours

Nige