Aston DB7 Vantage

Other topics
agnoraan

Aston DB7 Vantage

Post by agnoraan »

I've been offered an Aston Martin DB7 Vantage for what I consider to be a good price. Does anyone know the points to look out for or any pitfalls with these cars? Ive always fancied an Aston and this one ticks all of the boxes for me with the spec I'd want.
Thanks in advance
Nige
Maxakarudy

Re: Aston DB7 Vantage

Post by Maxakarudy »

Nige,
Lovely motor, but I'd try the AMOC, you don't need to be a member to join and you can find all the answers there.

Cheers
Martin
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Club member Lee Marshall (Marsh) used to have one, so you could ask him.

Paul
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Thanks Paul, I'll give Lee a shout :wink:

Nige
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

and he did :D

I bought mine from a respected Aston approved Heritage dealer - Nicholas Mee & Company in London and was very happy with my experience of dealing with them, so much so that I've returned to them recently.

That said, I did only keep the car for 236 miles, including the 105 mile drive up from London when I picked it up, which perhaps tells it's own story. I then replaced the car after 4 months and bought the Cobra...

DB7's are something of a conundrum in my view - build quality is ok, but for me, the car didn't feel as 'special' as I'd hoped an Aston would - yes, it's a good looking car (excepting the rear lights - mine had the factory round lamp upgrade), but it never felt like a fully resolved design in the way that the DB9 or Vantage does and I could never really settle into ownership because I lived in constant fear of a warning light coming on.

I'd be reticent in buying a cheap one, unless I was happy to become well acquainted with either The Samaritans or your tool kit...

Now the V8 Vantage is a different proposition altogether, especially the Prodrive ones...

Lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim