Website change

Other topics
Karl

Website change

Post by Karl »

If I go to the website, then got o Wiki, then to the register members, I can see all the members details without beeing logged in.
Is that what we want?
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Website change

Post by nikbj68 »

When logged out, none of the lower menu shows up for me, and on the wiki everything is 'permission denied'.
I really like the members map feature!!!! 8)
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
the289admin
T289R Forum Admin
T289R Forum Admin

Post by the289admin »

Karl wrote:If I go to the website, then got o Wiki, then to the register members, I can see all the members details without beeing logged in.
Is that what we want?
Hi Karl - if you have 'remember me' clicked on the forum login, it will keep you logged in (on that computer only). This will cause the members area to display automatically, which allows you to see the members database link. Without staying logged in, the members database menu option is hidden.

You probably already know this, but here's a snapshot of the remember me box in the login page:
remember-me.jpeg

With regard to the membership map, it needs a little refining, with a few members appearing in the wrong places. Bear with us on that.

Regards,

the289admin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Karl

Post by Karl »

I am not logged in, have no remember me activated. If I go to the wiki page, on the left bottom is 289 R members, I can see all the member details.
Where is a map?
Karl

Post by Karl »

Ok, found the map, but I think Migge did not give the correct adress. When I visited him it was a different place?
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Hmm, just tried logging out and testing this. I logged off the site, went to the wiki, logged off that too, then entered 'hawk' in the search box for manufacturer. Details of all members with Hawks appeared. I had also unticked 'remember me', and at the top of the page it said 'log in', implying that I was indeed logged out. Don't know if this is the computer memory being uber-clever, or if there may be an issue.
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I have to admit to not looking for anyone in particular!
Personally I'm not that bothered by it, although if it remains I'd ask for the registration number to be removed. Name, county and type of car are not massive issues in my opinion, but there may be some who would prefer not to have the info there.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Well, it is even worse if someone found this out months ago and nothing happens! It was okay before all this changes!
the289admin
T289R Forum Admin
T289R Forum Admin

Post by the289admin »

Hi all,

I didn't realise the link to the members database was still visible on the Wiki when not logged in, so have removed that now. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Karl.

Our long-term aim is to integrate the members database with the same login as the forum. However it isn't quite as simple as it sounds. Replacing the system with something else is also a complex option, since it serves as our members billing/subs system too. Also, it has to be borne in mind that we don't have an IT staff, so these changes are made through voluntary efforts. The result is slow progress, unfortunately - but please be assured that we understand your concerns and plan to change this for the better sometime soon.

Regards,

the289admin