DfT Roadworthiness Consultative Document

Other topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: DfT Roadworthiness Consultative Document

Post by peterc »

If it includes the original paint I can see an awful lot of extremely valuable cars not being classed as a VHI.
Take an example of a Ferrari 250GTO thoroughly raced throughout its life and resprayed several times due to race damage!
Not to mention several old Bentley's.
And who will go round and check on the authenticity of every car? Sounds like it's creating another job for the old boy network?
Yes, the conspiracy theory again.
Interesting times ahead.
Peter C
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Especially if you live in Germany. The ACOC mag has a piece in it this month reflecting on the German Federal States' position, as below:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indus ... -cars-2030

and notes that EU law generally follows German law (after all, they won the peace). I know this only refers to new cars, but how easy do you think it will be to get petrol (which UK companies can barely, if at all, make a profit on at the moment with full sales) once manufacturers move towards inefficient electric vehicles?
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

peterc wrote:If it includes the original paint I can see an awful lot of extremely valuable cars not being classed as a VHI.
Take an example of a Ferrari 250GTO thoroughly raced throughout its life and resprayed several times due to race damage!
And who will go round and check on the authenticity of every car? Sounds like it's creating another job for the old boy network?
Interesting times ahead.
Peter C
I can't see how this issue regarding original paint could realistically introduced either. I should think that a car that has the original factory colour on it would be more in keeping with their ideology of a VHI.

Nige
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

agnoraan wrote:
peterc wrote:If it includes the original paint I can see an awful lot of extremely valuable cars not being classed as a VHI.
Interesting times ahead.
Peter C
I can't see how this issue regarding original paint could realistically introduced either. I should think that a car that has the original factory colour on it would be more in keeping with their ideology of a VHI.

Nige
'Original paint' is a complete red herring - I've never heard of that and I suspect that was a tongue-in-cheek suggestion. Not sure where one might stand if fitting radials instead of the original crossplies, though...
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I think the list is endless of what they might expect to still be original in order to be classed as a VHI especially if its been created by a non motoring official.
Peter C
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I was going to say that I have faith that common sense will ultimately prevail, but then I remembered that America has just voted Trump into the White House. :shock:

Paul
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Exactly !!
Peter C
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

More than a little disturbing. But - talk to intelligent Americans about Mrs Clinton - it's not as cut and dried as you might think