Hello to the Forum

Other topics
monster7

Hello to the Forum

Post by monster7 »

Gentlemen,

My name is Ronald, i'm 40 years old and live with my family in Basel, Switzerland...so please excuse my english in advance.
I am new to this forum but not new to Cobras. I'm a member of the German Cobra Forum and Cobra IG since years and a proud owner of a nice 427 roadster. I did a lot of work on the car the last 2 years, it is basically a new one :). It has a full roller 383 stroker engine, Tremec T5 and Ford Cosworth drivetrain and suspension. It is a beautiful car, nevertheless i am on the way to sell it. Why? Because of the 289's :mrgreen:
I will stick to cobras for sure, but looking now more for the classic roadster look like the 289 had...some people say the 427 is a 289 on steroids, i think that hits the point.
My favorite manufacturer would be Hawk or ERA, beautiful, high quality cars with awesome reputation.
So, looking forward for intersting discussions :D . Also please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.
Regards and good night
Ronald
Kind regards, Ronald
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Hello to the Forum

Post by peterc »

Hi Ronald, welcome to the forum.

Hawk cars used to have an agent in Germany so if he is still acting for them he might be nearer to you to visit for a closer inspection.
Not sure of the current club membership status but approx 90% of our members own Hawk's with the remainder being originals, other makes like BRA's and a few 427's.
There is a wealth of knowledge amongst the club membership should you need advice.
Peter C
PS there is nothing wrong with your English so you certainly don't need to apologise.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Hi Ronald and welcome!

Have you seen THIS ERA? Really nice!

Good luck on your search,
Nik.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Hi Ronald,

Welcome to the forum! Can we see some photos of your 427? I've just bumped a couple of 'How-to' guides to the top of the "Lounge" forum, in case they are helpful.

I didn't know Cobra IG were so big... 330 members. Do they have many 289 owners?

I recommend joining the 289 Register, which you can do from the home-page. You'll get a magazine with lots of good info - back-issues are available to look at here: http://www.the289register.com/newslette ... shelf.html

Would be interested in knowing how Swiss authorities view kit cars and what hurdles you may have to overcome getting one registered there. We did have someone else from Switzerland a while back asking about this, but not sure if he ever bought a car from Hawk.

Cheers,

Andy
monster7

Post by monster7 »

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)!

Nik, yes, i saw this car and read the whole built story on Clubcobra. Very nice, but way out of my budget...

Andy, there is also a Swiss Cobra Club, but due to my car is registered in Germany, i stick to there club. There are some Cobras registered in Switzerland, i know a few of them, but most of them are Original MKIV or registered 20 years ago. These days the registration hurdles are very high, close to impossible for kit cars. Most concerns are noise and emissions. Sometime safety as well. This is also the main reason why the prices for such cars are incredible high in Switzerland.

I try to post some pics later on. as for a first impression, here is a link to the advertisement
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/detai ... geNumber=1
Kind regards, Ronald
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

monster7 wrote: Andy, there is also a Swiss Cobra Club, but due to my car is registered in Germany, i stick to there club. There are some Cobras registered in Switzerland, i know a few of them, but most of them are Original MKIV or registered 20 years ago. These days the registration hurdles are very high, close to impossible for kit cars. Most concerns are noise and emissions. Sometime safety as well. This is also the main reason why the prices for such cars are incredible high in Switzerland.

I try to post some pics later on. as for a first impression, here is a link to the advertisement
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/detai ... geNumber=1

Hi -
So in Switzerland were there some very strict rules introduced 20 years ago? Can you import an older kit-car build and get around things that way, or do the emissions/noise regulations apply to everything these days?

The car looks good! The black instead of chrome is an interesting twist - this car has black wire wheels and dashboard instruments that I always quite liked: download/file.php?id=1342&mode=view

I'm a 289 person myself though - they are more understated I think.

Happy Christmas!
Andy