New Emission Laws in France

Other topics
Paul Blore

New Emission Laws in France

Post by Paul Blore »

An interesting development in France and something to be aware of in the future:

http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motorin ... ch-cities/

Paul
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: New Emission Laws in France

Post by peterc »

Thanks Paul,
Yet another example of the French doing their own thing.
Peter C
Karl

Post by Karl »

That is not a French thing, that is a EU thing! We have that in Germany since years. We have had red, yellow and green stickers and now you can only go to some cities and also regions (example the complete "Ruhrgebiet") with green stickers. Cars with historic status (more than 30 years old) are still allowed to go.
Karl
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

I think this is a French law, passed by the French government - https://www.crit-air.fr/en.html We can't blame the EU for everything.

As for the French doing their own thing, that appears to be exactly what the British have just voted for. Although I disagree with the outcome of the referendum, I don't think we can blame the French for that.

Edit: I note that similar laws exist elsewhere in Europe. Norway plan to ban the internal combustion engine by 2025. Notably, they're not in the EU. http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 65616.html
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Out of interest Karl what colour ticket do you get on the Cobra and what restrictions does that entail.
I don't know how my car would be classified in Europe. For the UK it's emissions and VED exempt ( 1967 rebuilt car)
Peter C
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Its an interesting question - I wonder how they're going to know what a kit car puts out in terms of emissions? I was on this site for the German sticker, and it just asks for 'vehicle documents' to be uploaded - can't find any details on what those should be.
https://www.umwelt-plakette.de/en/store.html

Edit: apologies if the earlier post sounded grumpy !
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I think these matters are at a more local level than the country. It is the Mayors in individual cities that have put these rules in place. The Mayor of Paris originally wanted to ban all vehicles made before a certain date from entering the city.

I suspect other left-of-centre Mayors have just picked up on the same idea for their cities. The way things are stacking up in France, they'll all be replaced by their right-of-centre counterparts before much longer and it may all get reversed again.

Paul
Karl

Post by Karl »

Well Peter, for my Cobra there is no sticker!
The first page of the V5C shows under 3. Special notes: Emmission limit %CO 4,5; HC 0,12
When registering the car in Germany this was accepted and the car is now inspected by the TUEV to be within this limits, but that does not qualify for the green (Euro 4) sticker.
The different classes for the sticker (Euro 1 to Euro 6) are set by the EU, but every country can ban the vehicles as they like.
In the first time you could go with red, yellow or green into the cities, now in general only green is accepted.