Did I feel stupid.....?

Other topics
agnoraan

Did I feel stupid.....?

Post by agnoraan »

I bought a camshaft months ago to swap into my engine as an upgrade before the quad Dellortos get fitted. My friend, who does all of my engine building said he was busy and he'd fit me in as soon as he was free. I didn't want to rush him, so I got on with sorting out the engine bay. He came over yesterday, out of the blue, to take my engine apart to fit the cam. When I bought the car, the owner said that he had no history on the engine at all other than it had been rebuilt, but he believed it to be stock. Once apart it became obvious that yes, it had been rebuilt and yes, it did have a Piper aftermarket cam already fitted. Did I feel stupid or what?........A whole day wasted and now I have top decide if I want to add the different cam or not., aaargh!! decisions decisions

Nige
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Did I feel stupid.....?

Post by peterc »

I thought for a moment that you were going to say he helped take out the engine to fit the cam. If that had happened then of course it would have been a better time to have Ali lined the engine bay!
Peter C
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

double post
Last edited by agnoraan on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Hi Peter, the cam was supposed to have been fitted ages ago, but my friend that was fitting it for me was really busy getting his race car prepped for this season. As I was getting itchy fiongers I thought I'd do the engine bay whilst I was waiting, but there was no intention of removing the engine :wink: It just so happens that there's very little difference in the spec of the new cam compared to the Piper one that's fitted. I wondered why it seemed to go so well with a "stock" engine, I didn't know it had been worked on and having spoken with the previous owner, neither did he. He told me it was stock, which is why this all came about...doh!!
Nige